Thursday, August 22, 2013

SPECIAL August 23rd, 2013 Update on Danny & The Campaign

           

            Welcome back, My Dear Readers, to The Other Shoe  and a very special edition of UPDATE! In just the past thee days I have been very generous contributions to Daniel's Relocation & General Relief.  I do truly hope that, by doing this, I am not stepping on anyone’s toes. The last thing I want to do is to upset any current contributor, or anyone still considering donating to my Indiegogo campaign. These contributions… well, they really stuck out!

.

Most of my donations have come from my friends back in Pearland, Texas. I am extremely grateful for all of their contributions. Every time I have reached out for help, these great Texans have stepped up to the plate and helped. I could write for hours… expressing my deep and heartfelt thanks in all of those in Texas, which I grew up with and performed with or for. I hope that they all know just how much their generosity means to me.

.

However, these last two contributions? They have been different. [Dear Ian and John, I do not know you gentlemen in RL… so, I can only assume you have heard about me via my blog The Other Shoe. Neither of you claimed the “Daniel’s Angel” perk… but I do hope that you do not mind me mentioning you in this blog post. Please, I apologize if this article offends.]

.

My last two contributions CAME FROM THE UNITED KINGDOM. I am so very extremely flattered and totally stoked! I mean… really… ENGLAND! Anyone that knows me from Pearland knows the deep respect I have for the United Kingdom. Their history, their literature… ‘The British Invasion’! [1] [The British Invasion was a phenomenon that occurred in the mid-1960s when rock and pop music acts from the United Kingdom, as well as other aspects of British culture, became popular in the US, and then throughout the world. Bands such as The Beatles, The Kinks, The Rolling Stones, and The Who would get their start during this time and go on to make a lasting impact on the US music scene]

.

I got on that bus back in the late 60’s with The Beatles and The Who… and I never got off. So, that my campaign has garnered support from ‘Across the Pond’… make my heart go pitter-patter. Ian and John you made very generous contributions to my campaign. For that I would like to express my deep and heartfelt “Thank you!” I hope that I, in writing this article… and gushing over the fact I have received donations from England. I hope I have not caused offense or embarrassment.

.

Just… boy form Southeast Texas… (was) little town named Pearland. Writes and starts a blog… get noticed… and helped by tow gentlemen in England. Well, gentlemen… it was a story that just had to be told.

.

I am flabbergasted, plain and simple. I really wish I knew England better, because I honestly gave a great deal of thought of making England the site for ‘The Adventures of Princess Nadia’ series of books. Our current day Fancy Rats were breed for fighting dogs (terriers) in either England or Ireland while America was divided in Civil War.

.

If not for the work on the modern day rat, done in England/Ireland, my story could not be told.  It just seemed appropriate to make the home of Rattus Superiorous and the D&A rats in England, too. Novel is still not set in stone… nor the location. However, I do not know England well enough… it would show through.

.

Now, on with today’s Update on my; campaign, health and move. I am extremely happy to announce Daniel's Relocation & General Relief  has raised, to this day, $1,400.00! I have three days left to do my best to raise enough. First, I am in no way trying to undermine the overwhelming generosity I have received so far. I am deeply honored, by all of the contributions, and touched by everyone’s generosity. However, I know that I am still a little short (insert appropriate joke about me being 5’9” here ___________).

.

The cheapest room I have found… that will accept me… with limited credit and income will cost me $1,240.00. Aye, there’s the rub. Living in Orange County, California and staying in the same place for a decade. I was ill prepared for just how much the price of rent has gone up in that decade. I am still looking.

.

Today I went out with my caregiver, again, and looked in a totally different location. We dropped in on a Lutheran Evangelical Church and A Church of Christ both here in Cypress. I asked about a community board, and to se if they might know of; people that are renting or subletting and if there were people we might be able to get to help us move.  No help; on the room/apartment. However, they did take my name and phone number if they found people who might be able to help with the move.

.

We stopped at two properties. The only real occupancies were both 2Bdrm/2Bth ranging in price form $1,600 to $23,00.00. Just as soon as I am through posting this update? I will go to Craigslist  to repost my Home/Apartment Wanted ad there, and to look for new vacancy postings. Every single day I am; looking in my area, checking and posting on Craigslist and talking to local shop owners and the like. Oh, and laundry mats. We check those for personal listings and owner listings.

.

I am applying all my skills to this task. I wanted everyone to know and understand. I have myself quite the sun… tan/burn, but that should take care of my Vitamin D deficiency.

  .

My health. Have not received the radiologist report, yet. I have talked with Dr, Gorlick and I have looked at the MRI images. It appears that yes the disc between C7-T1 had herniated. A herniated disc would go well with my symptoms of; low grade fevers for weeks, weight loss, expansion of area where I have electrical shooting pains. Now including; my face, my left jaw, my left eye and most of the left side of my face.

.

Even two years ago my last exam from a neurosurgeon showed my left eye.. was ‘lazy’. Did not follow the doctor’s hand well, and kind of looks down when I am not focused on something. The degenerative disc disease continues to degenerate. If it wasn’t me, it was happening too, that would have made me laugh.

.

As always, it is a great honor that you came to The Other Shoe  and read my work. I can assure you that as soon as this is all over. The finding a new home, the moving, getting settled. It is my deep desire and my hope to get back to writing; ‘The Adventures of Princess Nadia’, ‘The Mars Report’, and basically anything that is not this.

.

I really do look forward to that time. The time we spend together exploring together. Exploring Mars and science. I miss it so much. “Thank You, My Dear Readers, for sticking with me. Standing by my side. Supporting me, and even donating to help me!

Quite simply? YOU, My Dear Readers, R O C K!

.

Thank YOU!

.

Please Share & HELP?!?


Daniel's Relocation and General Assistance Fiunding Canpaign



1 comment:

  1. […] SPECIAL August 23rd, 2013 Update: “Welcome back, My Dear Readers, to The Other Shoe and a very special edition of UPDATE! In just […]

    ReplyDelete