Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Working Through Pain and Loss

Welcome back, My Dear Readers, to The Other Shoe. The adventure of finding a new place to live continues. Yesterday, Allen and I went out, again, in the neighborhood looking for places we can afford. What we found were quite expensive apartments, and a lot of them, too. That I will never understand, how it is better to have a building 70% occupied with extremely high rents, rather than a building 97% occupied with reasonable rents. I worked in property management from 1981 until my disability took me out of work in 2003.

.

I always fought with upper level management to keep rents “reasonable” and I always managed to keep the buildings I managed at 93%-97%. Example; yesterday we found very old single story building apartments. All were 2bdr/2bth renting for $1,600.00 a month. Just down the street from where we live. Not the greatest neighborhood, by far, with no parks near by and homeless people at the grocery store it is more like old Hollywood Blvd @ Highland than Orange county you see in ‘Weeds’.

.

I am going through Craigslist every day. I have yet to do that today, it is 7:30AM right now as I am trying to get my writing done early.  I apologize for yesterday, I was just so very tired and sun burnt to write. I really want to take some time off, from writing every day. However, every time I do that… I loose a big chunk of my audience each and every time. 

.

Writing is getting more difficult, physically, each and every day. Getting the fingers to make the right moves is becoming a rarity. However, with spell check and the like I do manage to write a few paragraphs before my pain gets too bad. This week I am going to buy a new headset, with which to dictate my articles again. I am just waiting for the donations to make it to my bank.

.

I hope that nobody is upset by me using some of the money for a new headset, so that I can continue to communicate with you, My Dear Readers. It is just that between the growing pain and the diminishing fine motor skills, it is a new headset or far less writing. And, as if by some cosmic que, my hands are failing terribly. I am going to post this and get to work looking for my new home.

.

I just wanted to touch base with all of you. Let you know how much I appreciate everything you have done, and that I am still alive, kicking, fighting and working to get a new place to live.

.

As always, My Dear Readers, it is an honor that you come here and read my words. An honor that I hope I do justice. My heart is hear with you every day. Even if my words are absent. I will do my level best to keep in touch daily. Just know that IF I am not here, I am working to find a new place to live… or just in so much pain and discomfort I cannot write at all.

.

Thank YOU!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment