Monday, July 29, 2013

The Dreaded Monday July 29th UPDATE!

             Welcome back My Dear Readers, to The Other Shoe. Today is an update in my continuing adventure “Where Will Dan Live?’ version 1.0. Today I went to the office, and met the representative of this new owner. She was quite tight, with the information, but I did gather enough to cause me some panic. We are to be notified, in writing, on Thursday. August 1st what fate will befall us.


.


However, I did gather this: We will get a 30 day notice if you have lived here a year of less. For anyone here a year or more, we will receive a sixty day notice. Nobody will be allowed to stay, at this place of residence, that has lived here before we are to be discarded. Having been here ten years I will receive, this Thursday, a notice to vacate my home of over a decade.


.


I am now, with knowledge in hand, still pretty freaked out about my circumstance. I have no saving, that is to speak of, and no car, nor truck, to move my belongings. I have a license, but no insurance. Having not been in this situation before, I am really quite flummoxed. My roommate/caregiver has freaked out and he is angry. I am scared and concerned and he desires to rage against the machine. I just want to move and be done with this place.


.


Which brings me to you, MY Dearest Dear Readers; unfortunately I require a little assistance. I’m not joking around, and I am surely not kidding. I apologize if I look like a looser. But here is some food for your thoughts. Somehow, someway, I live on $967.00 a month from Social Security. My rent, to date, was $770.00. That ends September 30th 2013. (Actually it ends when/if I pay rent here September 1st, 2013)


.


However, all it not lost I have found an avenue. I have found an inexpensive apartment, that will likley take me (with my current finanical and credit situation) It has a rent of $940 and a security deposit of $300.00. I am paying rent, here, on Saturday of $770.00. My campaign ends August 25, 2013!!!


.


I should have all the funds form the campaign, by September 1-3, 2013. However, the ‘room’ of which I speak “Goes quick" as it is on the ground floor. (Meaning I would FINALLY be able to use my Power chair)


.


That cuts things pretty fine, but I think it will work. I just need your help. I will have to hire movers, I am incapable of moving (least someone from Texas were to show up and help). Quite honestly, that will be the most expensive. See, I cannot lift, I cannot hold, I cannot carry and all I can really do is help pack. Which is good, I am quite the proficient packer.


.


I just do not want to loose any of the nice things I currently own. I do not have much, the computer I write on and an HDTV and DVD player. But I do need help with funds to pull this off and move. I am hoping to a better place. I am willing to settle. I just fear homelessness. And without your assistance? That is where I am heading and I am not kidding.


.


That is all for toady. I will post more tomorrow. Please, have a Great Week! As always, I am honored that you come here and read my words.


“Thank you!”


Please Share?!?


Daniel's Relocation and General Assistance Fiunding Canpaign


P.S. Hey... you are looking WAY down here? KUDOS! For YOU a 'Special Treat'! Only known to those that looked down this FAR? A TREAT! Coming tomorrow 'And, On A Happier Note!' to The Other Shoe! Hope to see you here!

4 comments:

  1. […] The Dreaded Monday July 29th UPDATE!: “Welcome back My Dear Readers, to The Other Shoe. Today is an update in my continuing adventure “Where Will Dan Live?’ version 1.0. Today I went to the office, and met the representative of this new owner. She was quite tight, with the information, but I did gather enough to cause me some panic. We are to be notified, in writing, on Thursday. August 1st what fate will befall us.” This was a difficult article to write… and publish. I dislike… stronger… really dislike ( J ) having to ask for assistance or appear weak. Allen is always reminding me “Danny you are not weak.. you are diabled… and given the chance… ‘Bad’ people will take advantage… of you. I am ‘fighting the good fight’ and I will go toe-to-toe. However, I have legal people backing me… that is what I spent Friday ensuring. I still need to raise money. I still will have to move. (I do not want to stay and fight… thought the lawyer @ Legal Aid seemed to favor the idea of me doing just that) I want to find a new home; that is safe, one the first floor, and is ‘disabled friendly’ […]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Neat post. There is an issue along with your site in web
    explorer, could check this? IE nonetheless is the marketplace chief and a big section
    of other folks will omit your excellent writing due to this problem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just write I don't know much about browsers. What is the problem? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not really sure what the problem is... I write, post and read m,y own lbog with IE, too. Please, if you want some help, post what problem you are having and I can do some research. Thank you very much for your time and efforts. I am honored that you come to my blog and read. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete