Tuesday, July 30, 2013

60 Day Notice And MORE Bad News...

              Welcome back, My Dear Readers, I was having a nice day doing some laundry and eating a frozen burrito. Allen went down, to get the mail at the front desk, and they handed this Sixty Day Notice. No problem, we knew that was coming. We have been here more than a year, they have to give 60 day notice to vacate and a 30 day notice to raise rents (remember I said that…)

.

.

Then the oddest thing happened, My Dear Readers, they told my caregiver we can "no longer pay rent month-to-month". "Only week by week. And that the rent will go up!" Without any written notice they are raising the rents.

.
60 Day Notice
60 Day Notice And A Crippling Rent increase!

(This is the 60 day notice that terminates my residency here.. Where i have lived for a DECADE)


.

I have been a property manager, here in Southern California (and in Orange County, too) off and on for two decades. According to the law they have to give us a Thirty Day Notice of any change in rent. I am sorry I am shaking as I am typing this, I am very upset.

.

See, what this means is that they are treating us as ‘second class citizens’ and now (along with getting a new MRI, finding a place to live, packing, writing, and working hard to raise money) NOW I have to fight a legal fight? I… can’t… I don’t know how I will do all this… I need t legal aide… I have to go and see someone in my power chair (a whole day of pain)… I have to argue with the new owners to protect my rights. They will not like that… and likely target me for harassment and abuse!!!

.

Now I am doubly threatened… double the hassle… All while I am trying to guard my health and go get my MRI. Why do people have to do things wrong to hurt others? They KNOW they must serve a 30 day notice to raise my rent. Instead of playing by the rules they will cheat me and make me fight with them in court???? While I am disabled?!?!?!?

.

I need help. I am sorry. This is messed up and they are trying to take advantage.

I apologize very much. I hate looking like this... all vulnerable. I hate asking for help... and now I am majorly screwed.

.

Please Share!?!


Daniel's Relocation and General Assistance Fiunding Canpaign

P.S. Anyone else, besides Allen, NOTICE that MY NAME is NOT Present? GOOD CATCH ALLEN!!!

2 comments:

  1. Danny did you notice I am the only person named?

    ReplyDelete
  2. […] 60 Day Notice And MORE Bad News…: “Welcome back, My Dear Readers, I was having a nice day doing some laundry and eating a frozen burrito. Allen went down, to get the mail at the front desk, and they handed this Sixty Day Notice. No problem, we knew that was coming. We have been here more than a year, they have to give 60 day notice to vacate and a 30 day notice to raise rents. (remember I said that…)” This was a very difficult day for me. Writing this article… I honestly cried. My Dear Readers? I have lived in this place a decade! It may have brown water. It may not look like much on the outside. But… It was my home. Inside I have all my furniture (I had them move theirs out years ago )I have raised four of my children, under this roof. I hope and pray I find a better place to live, now. I had a very good and old friend that once told me this about myself… ‘Danny… you have a way about you. You can take a storm cloud and turn it inside out and make a sunny day.” If that is true about me. First, I thank God. Second, my father and mother. For without their love and guidance I could have never been the man I am today. Last, I take a little credit. Because it does not come naturally. Every time it is an effort… turning that storm cloud inside out. Some days I manage… some days I fail. I just hope when my last breath is breathed… and the score is tallied. More times than not, I have managed to turn that storm could inside out and brought a little sunshine into others people’s lives as well.  […]

    ReplyDelete