Friday, July 19, 2013

News From The Front - #1 July 19, 2013

    Welcome back, My Dear Readers, to The Other Shoe. Today I am departing, again, from routine. My purpose here, today, is twofold; First a heartfelt and genuine “Thank you!” to the most recent of Daniel’s Angels for making a contribution to my Relocation Campaign. Second, an update to my current living situation (the very reason for said campaign). I have just received notification that “the building has been sold and the new owners take control August 1st, 2013. Thus ending a decade long relationship between myself and the property management company Satellite Management Company.


.


Though the first of the month is only thirteen days away, absolutely nobody here knows what the future may bring. No notifications were given, no news handed down. The only thing that has been told, any resident here, is that “the new owners are planning to remodel the entire building (all at once, I am told) and reopen it as a ‘Senior Retirement Community’. I encourage everyone of my readers to go and Google Earth this address; 5602 Lincoln Avenue, Cypress California 90630. Take a good look at this tired and beaten building and tell me, honestly, is this a viable location to put senior living?


.


In the ten years I have lived here I have witnessed; drug dealers galore, race riots in the parking lot, drunken visitors breaking car windows of people they do not know, three rapes, and a half-dozen murders (including a suicide of a manager in the manager’s apartment). There are no senior citizens centers within five miles, and no companies that cater to seniors within an hour’s drive. There is no; elevator, pool, jacuzzi, and only three handicap marked spaces for a building of 100 units.


.


It is my firm and informed opinion that what I overheard will come true. All of the residents of this building will be vacated, as quickly as they can, and this building will be torn down. Instead of senior housing, condominiums will be built. By Christmas this will be an empty lot, and by this time next year, several condominiums will be occupied.


.


I have no proof of what I write, if I did it would be displayed here and my Indiegogo campaign. Just as soon as I have anything in writing, I will post it here and at Indiegogo. However, I fear that by that time I will have only days to be living somewhere else… Aye, there’s the rub.


.


The financial resource to move, escape me at this time. I should be out looking at apartments, but without my caregiver available to help I am stuck with how far I can walk. Two blocks at most.


.


Again, I would like, very much, to say “Thank YOU!” to my anonymous contributor of today. You have asked for the ‘Shout-Out’ perk, but asked for your name to not be revealed. I am doing my level best to honor the commitment of the perk that you choose. I will announce this on both my Blogs and on Facebook, too.


That is all, for right now. As always I would like to express the great honor that you bestow by coming here to The Other Shoe. I wish everyone a Great Weekend!


Thank you!

Please Share!?


[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="224"]Daniel's Relocation and General Assistance Fiunding Canpaign Daniel's Relocation and General Assistance Fiunding Canpaign[/caption]

P.S. The Dessert Plates and Pins will be on Indiegogo by the end of the day. My apologies for not getting them there sooner, as my left hand has been in great pain... along with my neck and back and head.

1 comment: