Thursday, July 11, 2013

It Is With Deep Regret I Ask...

Welcome back, My Dear Readers, to a historic article here @ The Other Shoe. This is not another article about MMORPGs, this is not about Curiosity on Mars and it is not Sunday so it is not time for ‘Sunday Funnies’, yet. Today is a different kind of day, one that matches the circumstances I find myself. Now, before I go any further, I want to assure you that all of your favorite articles and series are going to continue here @ The Other Shoe. Have no concerns nor fears, I am going to make every effort I can possibly muster to keep your favorites posting without interruption. Honest? I am kind of addicted  to your attention. I live a lonely life, and when I see your ‘Like’s, it makes me feel… a part.

.

Now that I have, hopefully, allayed your fears I have some news. Just Wednesday I received some news. I have been made aware that the new management, of the building I live, is changing. The building has been sold and with that comes new management. I was also told that with the new owners will come huge change. I was told that; the manager, the cleaning staff and every other employee has been given notice. They can either move to another property, at a much reduced rate, or they can just be fired. Now, I love logic, and logic dictates that; if this is the way they treat employees (some here for 10+ years) then how will they treat residents? How will they treat residents? Especially residents that, while just defending the right to fresh water and reasonable repairs, have caused them trouble.

.

Two years ago, just trying to get back a right I already had before, I took this company to Fair Housing. How do you think they will treat… me? Not well I assure you. I was told that they are going to move everyone out. Everyone so that they can refurbish each and every unit and the building as a whole. Actually, I do not for a moment believe that is their plan, I think that they are saying this so that they can move all of us out. Including me.

.

Therefore, (here we get to the crux of this article) I have started a funding campaign @ Indiegogo. Understand, I do not have the financial resources to move. I have just been though a very difficult, and costly, past year. My caregiver/roommate has been without work and he lost his Unemployment benefits for several months. Instead of just turning my back on someone that has helped me; bathe, eat, dress and get to appointments for the past eight years I reached into the saving I had (from the last campaign… and what I saved all on my own) and helped him. I invited him into my home, I helped pay his bills, buy him clothes and bought a bike for him to use to look for work, and get to his part-time jobs.

.

This man (his name is Allen) has done everything he can, for me. He has given; time, effort, money everything he has to help me. I could never turn my back on him. Now is no different. Oh, how easy it could be… to put my tail between my legs and go running back to family. Instead? Instead I choose to use what abilities I have to improve my odds and maybe… just maybe gain enough financial support to get us out of this hell hole and into a senior building and a safer life with clean water.   

.

Therefore, for the next forty-five days I am going to raise money, the best way I can. I will use; Facebook, the Other Shoe (both blogs), and every single connection that I have to raise the money I need and garner freedom.

.

Right now, the building I live in? I cannot take my power chair out without two people helping me. I need to change that fact… and I think that I can. However, I cannot do it alone. Alone I have no hope. Alone… I end up on the streets. That, if I can do anything to avert, will not happen.  I am willing to write, fight and do everything that I can to keep my happy little ass off the streets. If I have to show up @ my brother’s front door with nothing but my power chair… I will!

.

You can help me build a better, safer and cleaner life. For three years now I have written and entertained. I have so much more to share… a whole world! I have it living within me, just dying to be shared. A world of love of hope and it is just dying to come out and be shared. Over the next 45 days I will share even more of ‘The Adventures of Princess Nadia – The Healing Light’ to you, My Dear Readers. Not enough, I am sorry to say, to discourage a publisher from putting my work into print. Hopefully just enough to make you all happy… and share.

.

Isn’t that how it works? I share my talents with you, My Dear Readers, and if you are able you share with me. Everyone… PLEASE understand… I am not trying to get rich off of the efforts of others. If I had any other possibility? I would take it in a heart beat.

.

So, that is the news, My Dear Readers. I have to move. I am not given a choice I must move and soon. The sooner the better, just to be safe. I have no intention of being harmed by yet another company. I am working hard to get transportation and assistance to get to Housing and Urban Development (HUD) to apply for Section 8. The last time I went there, they were deep in sequester mode and refusing applicants left and right they were. By the end of this month, I am going to make every effort to be in their offices, here in Santa Ana, to apply.  

.

My Dear Readers, I am doing everything I can to; keep up my health, keep a positive outlook, keep people who might harm me at arm’s length and most of all… keep writing and entertaining the best that I can. You have stood by my side, this far. I hope and pray that you will continue to stand by me. I promise that I will work as hard as my body allows, each and every day, and write all that I can. See, for me, the problem is not the limit on what is inside of me to write… the limit is my ability to put onto paper what already floats around in my head. All for you.

.

So, please… go by and see this campaign. Please.. ‘Share’ and ‘Like’ and tell all your friends and family. I am working as hard as I can to help myself to stand on my own two feet.

.

This campaign starts this Friday morning and continue for the next 45 days. I will provide, right here; the campaign location, my goals, and daily updates for all to read. Once the campaign is over? I will show you how the money is spent. I will show you videos of the places I look at to move. Finally, I will show you the move itself via video. Everything I will share, transparency through and through. All I ask, in return, is that you give if you can… and SHARE SHARE SHARE!!! My campaign’s success will greatly depend on how much everyone helps me share the campaign.

.

Do you know anyone in broadcasting? Anyone in public affairs or community boards? SHARE! Word of mouth = $$$$ it is just that simple. I am going to do all the work. The videos, the articles the updates and the ‘Shout-Outs’, too. Your help, in this regard, will be essential and ensure success. This is not something I want, this is something I need.

.

As always, I am deeply honored that you took time from your busy day and spent it here @ The Other Shoe

.

Daniel's Relocation and General Assistance Fiunding Canpaign

No comments:

Post a Comment