Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Mars Report - May 145th, 2014

Welcome back MY Dear Readers to The Other Shoe. It is, already, Wednesday and the problems with my primary blog location have been resolved. It appears that the blog is back up and working. I just wrote and published a small edition of ‘Notes from Behind the Keyboard’ to get everyone up to date. With that taken care of, now it is time to present the few new images available from NASA/JPL for the Curiosity mission. There are a large number of RAW images, but quite honestly I am suffering with the intolerable temperatures in this apartment, so I am going to keep this short, today.

.

There are two great new images of the rover Curiosity. I have decided that these two images are what I am going to share, for today. If I can keep this short, I just might be able to get out an edition of ‘The Mars Report’ and ‘Lost in Space’ before I become fully involved in the writing and production of ‘The Horror in Smithville’. Quite honestly, that piece is taking up most of my time and creativity.

.

Our very first image of the day is a selfie taken by the rover Curiosity’s Mars Hand Lens Imager (MAHLI) located on its arm. The image was taken to make sure that the cover was operating properly, and that sand was not building up on the wiper assembly or the door hinge. YES! This image was taken during a bit of a sandstorm on Mars. Not often that we get a shot, from Mars, taken during a sandstorm.

.

[caption id="attachment_2895" align="aligncenter" width="630"]Rover Curiosirty Takes Self Portrait Rover Curiosirty Takes Self Portrait[/caption]

(Rover Curiosirty Takes Self Portrait)


.

For our next, and final, image of the day is another selfie. This time we get a picture of the whole rover Curiosity! NASA/JPL likes to take these images frequently, so that they can monitor any damage done to the rover. So far, the rover Curiosity is fairing very well. There is no damage anywhere on the rover. This is great news for NASA/JPL and all of us that enjoy the images and science coming from Curiosity.

.

[caption id="attachment_2896" align="aligncenter" width="630"]High-Resolution Self-Portrait by Curiosity Rover Arm Camera High-Resolution Self-Portrait by Curiosity Rover Arm Camera[/caption]

(High-Resolution Self-Portrait by Curiosity Rover Arm Camera)


.

Well My Dear Readers that brings us to the end of today’s edition of ‘The Mars Report’. I hope that you enjoyed the selfies that I have provided. I am going through all the RAW images, over the rest of the week. It was a slow image week for Curiosity, which gives me nothing much to share. I look forward to bringing you a full edition, next week.

.

Now, back to sweltering in my apartment with a dysfunctional air conditioner… and a genuinely lazy staff. Super!

.

Adieu!

.

Thank YOU!

.

The Other Shoe eBay Store


http://www.ebay.com/usr/enzomatrixlt


.




[caption id="attachment_2866" align="aligncenter" width="630"]Danny Hanning of The Other Shoe - May 6th, 2014 Danny Hanning of The Other Shoe - May 6th, 2014[/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment