Saturday, May 24, 2014

Notes From Behind the Keyboard - May 24th, 2014

.




[caption id="attachment_2868" align="aligncenter" width="630"]Danny Hanning of The Other Shoe - May 6th, 2014 Danny Hanning of The Other Shoe - May 6th, 2014[/caption]

.


        Welcome back My Dear Readers to The Other Shoe. First, I would like to express my regret that I have not written, or published, in several days time. This is for one simple reason. I am still waiting for my primary blog location (at Blog dot com) to be fixed! It has been more than four days since I have been able to edit or publish at this, my primary blog location. This is really disappointing to me, and has put quite a cramp in my writing schedule.

.

As most of you, My Dear Readers¸ know I (generally) publish seven to ten articles per week. However, with one (my primary) location down I am hesitant to publish solely at this location. Now, if the unthinkable happens and; all four hundred seventy-five of my articles at The Other – The Other Shoe (www.theothershoe.blog.com) are gone… for good, I am unable to continue my blog of FOUR YEARS at that location… then I will be forced to switch and make this location (here at Word Press) my new primary blog location. This is not what I would like to happen. My Dear Readers, I would very much like to have my missing work returned to me and my control over content returned to me.

.

Now, if (perchance) you are here at Word Press today having not found my blog location at blog dot com, then Welcome! I hope that you enjoy my work here and I hope that you will continue to drop by, enjoy my articles and stories and tell family and friends about my blog(s). Next, today Allen and I had the fortune to meet a very nice person. Allen and I went out to have out hair cut, and the young man that cut Allen’s hair expressed interest in my writing and blogs. His name was Kelly. Kelly, If you have found your way here ‘Welcome!” It was my pleasure to make your acquaintance. FYI you did a wonderful job on Allen’s hair. Too many people have not taken the time, or effort, and left Allen with an unsatisfactory hair cut.

.

Yes, My Dear Readers, I do meet people in Real Life and tell them about my blog. I am always working to increase readership, and friends… too. J Kelly, if you have managed to find yourself to this, my secondary blog location, Congrats! I gave you the URL for my primary location… but as I have explained there are real and substantial problems with that location… that I am anxious to have resolved. Hope you had a great day, and that you have a wonderful weekend.

.

Now, back to the problems with my blog locations, My Dear Readers. I am really hesitant to write and publish a large amount of content; stories, articles, political faire only to have to cross-publish once the primary location is back up and running. It has been three days since I was able to; edit, upload media, or publish articles. I am going to give it until Monday… before I make a decision about continuing to publish here at Word Press in spite of the failure at blog dot com. Now if you have been a reader for some time, then you know that this has happened before with blog dot com. One time, the whole blog was just gone for more than a week.

.

Drove me nuts! Yet, I have to consider that the service is free… and I just need to be patient. As for my regular articles. Let me put your, My Dear Readers, minds at ease. Just as soon as my primary location is working you will see a return of; ‘The Mars Report’, ‘Lost in Space’, ‘The Horror in Smithville’, A Week in Review’, and ‘Sunday Funnies’. I do not enjoy depriving all of you of this great and enjoyable content. Yet, as I have explained, I simply detest having to spend an entire day publishing (re-publishing) everything I have written while blog dot com had its problems.

.

Now, for Kelly and all you ‘New Readers’… You can still read over four hundred great articles at my primary blog location (www.theothershoe.blog.com) and there are over 300 articles right here at Word Press! I implore all of you, new and regular(s), to take some time and wander around my blogs. Take in all the work that I have shared over the past four years. Honestly, I am willing to bet that no one can actually read everything I have published (in four years) before I get my primary blog location back up and running.

.

There. Done. Now, I am going to vent a little. I am deeply disturbed that I have been denied any and all administrative control of my primary blog location for the past 72 hours. It is upsetting… and really frustrating to have someone stand between me and my written works! Ticks me off to no end, I can tell you what. Having said, once it is back? I may well be running an all new Indiegogo Campaign to raise funds for me to; lease access to a URL, obtain web hosting, lease blog software, and recreate my original blog The Other Shoe on a web host of my own! I have been tossing around that idea for the past two years. Now, I believe that the time has come… I grow weary of waiting for others to return my creative content back to me. That just stinks.

.

So, My Dear Readers, that is what I have been up to for the past several days. I have written over fifteen technical support requests to the Web Masters at blog dot com. Not once have they responded! That is pretty unprofessional, and pretty darn upsetting, too. I am going to keep writing support requests. I am going to keep monitoring The Other Shoe at blog dot com. I am going to keep writing… and holding it back… Yes, once I am ready I DO have a good deal of content ready to be published.

.

That brings us to the end of this edition of ‘Notes From Behind the Keyboard’. I hope that everyone sticks around to see just how the problems with blog dot com… resolve. Yes! I do have Part Nine of ‘The Horror in Smithville’ in varying states of readiness. And, YES! IT is quite good. Timmy’s zombie Wolf bite is getting worse and Archer is beside himself with grief. They do not know where to turn… when a brand new character makes an appearance… That is all I am going to tell you, right now. But… it is very good. (And well worth the wait).

.

To all my new readers, “WELCOME!” and that goes for you, too, Kelly. I hope to see you all again very soon. Until then have a great and enjoyable Memorial Day Weekend.

.

TTFN!

.

Adieu!

.

[caption id="attachment_2866" align="aligncenter" width="630"]Danny Hanning of The Other Shoe - May 6th, 2014 Danny Hanning of The Other Shoe - May 6th, 2014[/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment