Tuesday, January 21, 2014

WONDERFUL News and Update January 21st, 2014

            Welcome back My Dear Readers to The Other Shoe. My Dear Readers I come to you today with great and wonderful news. Earlier I promised you, My Dear Readers, an article about, and with my feelings about, the investigations that now swirl around Governor Chris Christie. I have every intention of writing and bringing that article to you, My Dear Readers. I am not here to make excuses or back away from, what I am sure will be, a controversial article here at The Other Shoe. For anyone, and everyone, that knows me in real life? They know that Danny does not back away from controversy.

.

Whereas, I do not seek out controversy when faced with a controversial subject I do not shy away. For example, when I was a junior in high school in Pearland, Texas. Texas was, like, the capital for teenage suicide. That is something that you can still look up, today. I am not lying, nor am I exaggerating. In the late 1970’s Texas lead the nation in teenage suicides. It is one of those uncomfortable truths, about the state where I was born and raised.

.

It even happened to a guy I knew. One day I was riding in the car with him, the next thing I knew… we were all in the theater with Doc Springfield and Dawn Lockwood was crying about this guy having killed himself. It struck so close to me… so very very close that I chose to write about it in the creative writing magazine of that year. Log story short, they banned the magazine from being sold on campus… because of my article about suicide… I went to the ACLU… got support from them and went before the Superintendent and School board and asked that the creative writing magazine be allowed back on campus. It was… time passed and, like, nobody remembers that it even happened. Point being, I stood up and spoke about a controversial subject that took away a friend.

.

I will write about Governor Chris Chrisite, soon. Today… this article… is about something Wonderful that happened to me, today.

.

I was sitting in the tub, about 12:30PM. I had cleaned the kitchen, and the bathroom… some. I ran myself a nice hot bath, and put Epsom salt in the bath. I was relaxing, in the hot bath, and thinking about my most favorite work; ‘The Adventures of Princess Nadia’ the first novel of this project ‘The Healing Light’. I was thinking about what I have struggled with… for the past two years. HOW to start. How to approach the novel, how to write what was in my heart, in my mind, in my soul. I have made; outlines, notes, and even planned out all the cliff-hangers that come at the end of the first novel and lead to the second novel. I have put all the character information into Storybook 4 (a nice novel writing software I am using…[ FYI I think that Storybook may be DOA… Does ANYONE know if Storybook is gone under? If SO… does ANYONE know of a similar novel writing software? Please help… this software was/is VERY helpful.] Thanks!).

.

I have all the outlines done. I have plotted out character development. I have created all-most of the major characters. I have created/named all the major locations, and homes and places. I have done all the framework… and I have been totally stumped by HOW I was going to write the novel. How to get all the ideas, characters, plot and everything down on to paper (word processor) in a way that is readable. I have written some very important scenes. One of which I have shared with you, My Dear Readers, right here @ The Other Shoe. Then, I was stumped.

.

I have been in this… stumped place for several months. I keep talking to Allen about; character development, plot points, turning points for characters, epiphanies for characters, technology in the novel, the WORLD that all the characters live in… tons about the novel. I was just totally stumped about how to start the first novel, and hot to tell the tale (tail… tale… rats… J ). .

Today, while sitting in the nice hot bath with Epsom salt… it hit me! I was talking to myself.. in my head… and all of the sudden I looked over at Prince Alexander (he sits on my bath chair.. when Allen is not here, when I take a bath). I looked over at Alexander and I said to him;

.

        “Alex! I figured it out! I DID it, Alex… I figured out just how to write your story… yours and Nadia’s story! I finally figured it out!”

.

I just couldn’t wait to get out of the tub. I rushed finishing my bath. I rushed getting shaved. I rushed through putting a new pain medication patch on, and I rushed getting dressed. Within thirty minutes from that moment in the tub, I was sitting behind my notebook computer… Writing ‘The Adventures of Princess Nadia – The Healing Light’.

.

I wrote the first half-dozen pages, and then I saved my work and started writing this article for The Other Shoe. I cannot even begin to share with you, My Dear Readers, the overwhelming feelings I am experiencing now. I am overjoyed that I have broken through, and found my path from; outlines and notes and plot points to a novel. I, honestly, did not want to stop to write this article. I do not want to; watch TV, read anything, talk with anyone… all I want to do is sit and write this novel that has lived inside me for the past three years.

.

Having said, I am going to bring this article to an end. I am going to publish this article… going to post on Facebook that it has been published (promote the article). Then, I am going to get a fresh drink and get back to writing my novel. Well, there is one more thing that I feel I must write. Something to a good friend… someone that I have considered a good friend… a person who was instrumental to me, during the Power Chair Assistance campaign.

.

Things… changed… and I want to put some things… into words… into black and white, and send them to him. Some important… events… and feelings. Once that is done… and the message is on its way. I am going to get something to drink (a Coke Zero, I do not drink alcohol. I have nothing against drinking alcohol, or people who drink alcohol… I just do not drink, myself), get comfortable, start up the text-to-speech software… and take up where I left off.

.

I want to say “Thank YOU!” to all of you, My Dear Readers. Because, without you… all of you… This moment would have never happened. Without your support… without some of you lending a hand with; food, money for food, money for my power chair… and most recently helping with contributions to help me move. Today.. would have never happened. “Thank YOU!”

.

As always I am deeply honored that you come here and read my work.

.

Thank YOU! .

 .

[caption id="attachment_1812" align="aligncenter" width="630"]Just a shot of a VERY thankful Danny in His Power Chair Just a shot of a VERY thankful Danny in His Power Chair[/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment