Monday, January 27, 2014

350th Article at The Other Shoe - Part Four

            Welcome back My Dear Readers to The Other Shoe. You want to know something that will really get the blood pumping?

.

Looking back over a body of work as large as my writings at this blog that will get the blood pumping. On Thursday I published Part One and that took me back to the very first article I published, here at The Other Shoe. Immediately I was reminded of the passion I felt when I started this blog. I remembered that I started this blog in the pursuit of truth, and the hope that in sharing that truth… I would set myself and the people that I love…free.

.

That passion still lives within me, and the words and work of this blog. My Dear Readers, I consider myself… lucky. Lucky in that I am still here, and so is this blog. Reading about blogs, I found out that something like 70%-90% of blogs die… end, within the first year. I am only months from celebrating my forth anniversary here at The Other Shoe (March 22, 2014).

.

The last edition of this series focused to two different types of series that I have published here at The Other Shoe. Today, I am going to focus on the other type of series I published. PC Gaming is one of the few joys remaining in my life. Aside, of course, for the joy I experience writing and publishing my work. Gaming has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. PC Gaming combined two of my great loves; computers and gaming.

.

Now, the world of MMORPGs I was a little late to the party. I had played Guild Wars, right before I entered the world of Azeroth in World of Warcraft. I know it’s crazy but just writing the name of that game… takes me to that place. Since I started playing I have spend nearly an entire year ingame in WoW. I know that sounds like a lot, but spread over seven years, it is only like one day out of each week spent playing. That is a lot easier than one might think. The game is highly addictive, especially if you are good.

.

Well, I guess that is as good a segway as any, My dear readers, I bring you the Forth Edition of my 350th celebratory series. Today, the world of MMORPGs.

.

World of Warcraft


[caption id="attachment_1988" align="aligncenter" width="630"]Danny at Stormwind Gates after Dragon Attack Danny at Stormwind Gates after Dragon Attack[/caption]

  • ·        MMORPGs And YOU! – World Of Warcraft : “For anyone that is thinking of expanding their PC gaming experience to a new genre. Or for anyone thinking of making their first venture in PC gaming the genre of massively multiplayer online role-playing games. World of Warcraftis quite definitely the game for you. My Dear Readers I played in many role-playing games, both on personal computers and in board games, previous to my introduction to this now world-famous game. First, a bit of irony. World of Warcraftmade its world debut November 23, 2004. November 23 is just three days after my birthday. However, in 2004… At the time of my birthday, I was not able to afford to purchase World of Warcraft.”  Honestly, just writing about this game makes me flash on the fields of Azeroth, the rivers, the cities and the sky. For anyone thinking of playing a PC game (beyond those pitiful Facebook games and the like) WoW would be the game to check out. This game holds a very special place in my heart, in my memories and in my love for gaming and personal computers. You will never be able to play WoW on a; tablet or cell phone or other miniature computing device. WoW takes a real computer to play, and fully appreciate. You can go fishing (and actually catch fish), climb mountains, ride horses, go hunting and even fight your way (for days) through dungeons. My Dear Readers, if anyone would like to give me a gift? A gift of game time in WoW would surely bring a smile to my face. However, at $15 a month… well, I haven’t eaten but two meals in the past three days… I cannot afford to play my favorite game of all time. That is what World of Warcraft is, for me. I was a Mage and Potion master, in the world of Azeroth. I can make potions that are no longer p[art of the game. In my bank I have potions and flasks that have been removed from the game, but I still posses. Potions, Flaks and the like were my speciality, and I was very good at what I did. Funny that, I Real Life I worked in pharmacology for a decade. In WoW I love alchemy and potions. Virtual life imitating life, or vice versa? Either way… right now… this moment… I would give most anything, to once I have this published… re-enter the world of Azeroth and spend a few weeks. Play WoW and you, too, will know why.


  • [youtube=http://youtu.be/IT7q6XidJ74]

  • (Enzomatrix Riding Rocket Mount in World of Warcraft)

  • .


  • Age of Conan




[caption id="attachment_868" align="aligncenter" width="630"]Enzomatrix-Age of Conan Riding Blue Snow Mammoth Enzomatrix-Age of Conan Riding Blue Snow Mammoth[/caption]

  • ·        MMORPGs And You! – Part Two – Age of Conan : “The game that you’ve been seeing pictures and videos, above, as from the MMORPG ‘Age of Conan’. This MMORPG is based in the world of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. As well, a lot of the characters the plot lines the story are lifted from the movie series starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. If, My Dear Readers, you enjoyed in the works of Doyle or the movies of Arnold Schwarzenegger this MMORPG is the one for you!” Why am I doing this to myself? Writing about these games… reminds me of these games… reminding me of these games… makes me SO want to play these games. Age of Conan is another of the special games of this genre… for me. As a boy, I enjoyed the novels. As a young man, I enjoyed the movies. As an adult I just LOVED the MMORPG! There is just something special about playing in a world that you read about as a child, watched on the ‘Big Screen’ as a young man. This game is not nearly as ‘special to me as WoW… I doubt there will ever be another experience like WoW. However, the world of Conan the Barbarian is quite entertaining and enjoyable. I just now thought about it… the why… My Dear Readers, I had forgotten… the friendships. You meet people in game, and you develop friendships… that are just as real and tangible as the ones one makes in Real Life. No, I would never marry someone in game. And, YES, many of these games DO offer in game marriages. In Age of Conan I did develop several meaningful friendships. I think it is those friendships that I miss, too. AoC is a GREAT game, MMORPG. It has engaging plot, the plot works well through the game and quests. The game plays out in the world of the first movie, and the quest lines come right out of the movie and books. You would do well to check out this game, and not the slightest disappointed if you decided to play.

  • [youtube=http://youtu.be/RDfEFuzbVNo]

  • (Enzomatrix Riding Snow Mammoth in Age of Conan)

  • .


  • Rift




[caption id="attachment_855" align="aligncenter" width="630"]Enzo on a Spider Mount This is a screenshot of Enzo riding his Spider Mount in Sanctum, the major city.[/caption]

  • ·        MMORPG(s) and YOU – 1st Edition – Rift : “Today Rift is our game, and what a game it is. I started playing Rift right when it came out. I had heard/read about it for months and it looked to be what WoW started out. It had depth in the game (Good vs. Evil) and it was based on my favorite MMORPG of them all, WoW. Basically you are a; Mage or a Warrior, a Hunter or a Healer. You either heal you friends and party members or you fight the many monsters and Bosses that stand in your way. Mages and Hunters are ‘ranged’ fighters. They shot things at the targets while standing well back. The one up front, taking all the damage, are you Warriors and Tanks.” Rift is one of the MMORPGs that I continue to play. It is ‘Free-to-Play’ with an ‘Open World’ policy. You can go anywhere you want in the entire world, no boundaries. Many of the ‘FtP’ MMORPGs have whole parts of the world blocked off. Some of the world map is only accessible if you pay the monthly subscription fee. Not Rift though. Rift is the best of all the free MMORPGs that I have played, to date. It is easy to get started, involving from the beginning and very easy to level a character. You can ride mounts as early as level 10, unlike others where you have to be level 20 or 40 before you get up off your feet. One downside is that there is no self-flight. In WoW you can purchase flying mounts and fly all by yourself in any of the areas of the world. Seeing the gaming world, from above, adds a depth and quality to the game that is unmatched. I would suggest Rift to any beginning players… almost as much as WoW. Almost.

  • [youtube=http://youtu.be/YespFRJwuZI]

  • (Enzomatrix in His Second Home - Rift)


  • ·        MMORPGs And YOU! – Conclusion : “When I started this series, on June 24th 2013, I had no idea that it would span seven months and nine articles. Touting (compiled from all nine of the series) a grand total of 145 ‘Like’(s) this series was/is my greatest work to date. Hands down, the single most popular of the series was… … (drum roll, please)… … ‘Star Wars the Old Republic’ with thirty-six Likes total.


As is that was not enough, this series was the single most ‘reblogged’ of all my works to date. Carried by three other bloggers (at one point) these articles certainty are the epiphany of my abilities in 2013.” Now, MY Dear Readers, IF you want to check out the NINE different MMORPGs that I shared, this would be THE article to read and peruse. I have included images from each of the nine games, and links to the nine separate articles. Each and every one of these games brought joy and happiness to my tortured life, at one point or another, over the past seven years. This conclusion article was a tribute to the genre, and to the nine MMORPGs that brought so many hours… days… weeks... months of enjoyment to me during the most painful and tortured time of my adult life. Now do you understand… just what these games mean to me?


.

With that I bring you to the conclusion of Part Four of my 350th Celebration here at The Other Shoe. I know… I have spent more time… written more and shared more on this, the 350th Celebration than any other celebration or review in the four year history of my blog. This milestone means the world to me. Especially at this point in my life, right now.  

.

Things are tough for yours truly, right now. I refuse to complain, but I also refuse to ignore. I am not alone in my plight. Millions upon millions of Americans are caught between an eternal rock and a perpetual hard place. I do the best I can, with what I have and what is shared with me buy others. One thing that is different? I work hard as I am physically able to write and entertain. I do my very best to entertain and enlighten and I spend many hours each day in that pursuit.

.

Tomorrow I will be bringing you the Fifth and Final edition of this celebratory review of my 350 and four-year journey. Having not yet been written, I have no idea what, exactly, this article will entail. I have covered many of my recent political works. I have covered the several different types of series articles I have written and published over the years. What shall I share, tomorrow?

.

As always I am deeply honored that you come here and read my work.

.

Thank YOU!

.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="234"]The Other Shoe eBay Store The Other Shoe eBay Store[/caption]

.




[caption id="attachment_1812" align="aligncenter" width="630"]Just a shot of a VERY thankful Danny in His Power Chair Just a shot of a VERY thankful Danny in His Power Chair[/caption]

  

2 comments:

  1. […] 350th Article at The Other Shoe – Part Four : “Today, I am going to focus on the other type of series I published. PC Gaming is one of the few […]

    ReplyDelete
  2. […] 350th Article at The Other Shoe – Part Four: “Now, the world of MMORPGs I was a little late to the party. I had played Guild Wars, right […]

    ReplyDelete