Saturday, June 7, 2014

A Week in Review - June 7th 2014

            Welcome back My Dear Readers to The Other Shoe. Well, it seems for the very first time in many weeks I have written and published enough articles to merit this weekend review! This will come as a surprise to some, and a comfort to others. Myself, I am a big fan of regularity, things happening each and every week like clockwork. My father used to have a saying ‘Consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds.’ Meaning, only people with small minds dislike a world of consistencies, and I agree.

.

As well, this week saw a return of varied and different topics for the articles I published. We had everything from World News to PC Gaming and the return of ‘MMORPGs And YOU!’. Truth be told, that article is likely to see another return either next week or the week after. If you follow me on Facebook (Danny Hanning on Facebook) then you will know that I have updated and returned to ‘SWtOR’ = ‘Star Wars the Old Republic’ the on line MMORPG based on the wonderful intellectual property of Lucas arts. They had added an all new feature to the game, that I think will find wide appeal, and I am going to publish an update to the article (here) to include this all new feature.

.

Well, now I think that is just about enough teasing and spoilers before the actual article. At this point, either you are going to go ahead and read this article, or you have already clicked through to some other destination. So, without further adieu, I bring you ‘A Week in Review’!

.

  • New From Around the World – May 31st, 2014 : “Welcome back My Dear Readers to The Other Shoe. Today is Friday May 31st, 2014, TGiF to everyone! With the first weekend, since my blog disappeared, rapidly approaching I have been searching my brain for just what content might peak interest by you, My Dear Readers. First, I thought of presenting Part TEN of ‘The Horror in Smithville’ for your reading pleasure.” Here is a perfect example of what I was talking about, this article is a double edged sword. I start out talking about social inequalities (from around the world) that have occurred in just the past week, and then I quietly segway into financial inequality. You see, My Dear Readers, I will likely never tire of writing about the grave and widening gap between our (now) ‘Two Class’ system. Gone are the days of the ‘Middle Class’, today you either struggle ‘hand-to-mouth’ making it paycheck to paycheck, or you have so much disposable income you have to buy symbols of ‘vulgar displays of wealth’. In the month of May, Pope Francis had the courage of his convictions to tell the leaders of this world that the time has come for a “legitimate redistribution of wealth”. The Pope has hit the nail on the head, and with one breath has set in motion forces that will, in time, level financial inequality once and for all. Want to know ‘why’ I say that, you will have to read this article.

  • MMORPGS And YOU! – July 1st, 2014 Republication : “Welcome back My Dear Readers to The Other Shoe. Today is Sunday June 1st, 2014 and I have decided to reblog/republish one of my single most popular article series ever. ‘MMORPs And YOU!’ managed to set a new record for the number of ‘Likes’, greatly increased traffic and was one of the very first of my articles to ever be ‘reblogged’ (posted by other blogger to their site). It is taking a little more time to get back into the habit of writing every single day… well, that is only partially true. I am not having any difficulty writing ‘The Horror in Smithville’… I am already done with Part TEN and am working on Part ELEVEN!” As I mentioned in the forward above, more than one MMORPG is seeking to increase membership by adding “all new” features to their games. In this case, World of Warcraft is adding another whole new continent with the upcoming expansion. ‘Warlords of Draenor’ looks to be a wonderful expansion of the world of Azeroth, and the game. Rather than just throw the particulars of the new expansion at You, My Dear readers, I went back and republished two of the previous articles from the series ‘MMORPGS And YOU!’. Take a moment and take a look, it will be time wells spent I assure you!

  • MMORPGs and YOU! – World of Warcraft – Republication : “Welcome back My Dear Readers to The Other Shoe. Today is Sunday June 1st, 2014, and today I am here to share a previously published article. The reason fort his republication is simple, World of Warcraft is about to release another expansion to their game content. Earlier, this year, I published a very well received series of articles titled ‘MMORPGs And YOU!’ right here at The Other Shoe. Having said, I just feel I would remiss if I failed to update you, My Dear Readers, with regard to the newest expansion of content.” This is the second in the triad of articles I published, this week, to help herald the upcoming expansion to ‘World of Warcraft’. This is the article, out of the series, that I devoted just to WoW. It includes several in game screenshots and in game videos, too! Now, My Dear Readers, if you haven’t already read this article, this week, and/or you were not a visitor or Reader when this article was originally published, now would be a great time to check it out!

  • World of Warcraft – Warlords of Draenor : “Welcome back My Dear Readers to The Other Shoe. As promised, I am here today to bring you the scoop on the newest edition to the storied MMORPG franchise, ‘World of Warcraft’! That’s right today you will get a peak at the upcoming expansion ‘Warlords of Draenor’. First, to get a little of the legal mumbo jumbo out of the way, ALL materials shared here are copyright of Blizzard Entertainment and not property of The Other Shoe. That means, I am just here to share what is already readily available at the web site I linked above. I am not to break any news, or share anything new.” Here we are! This is the article, the last of the triad, that is all about the all new expansion to WoW. I share many in game screen shots, a listing of many of the new features and upgrades, and a little of the back story behind the expansion. It is a great read and well worth the time and effort to learn all about the upcoming expansion. ENJOY!

  • The Mars Report – June 4th, 2014 : “Welcome back My Dear Readers to The Other Shoe. It has been more than a week since I wrote, and published, an edition of ‘The Mars Report’. However, today’s edition just could not have come at a better time. For those of us that, daily, look to the stars and dream of living in outer space or another planet? A report from the National Research Council (named ‘Pathways to Exploration: Rationales and Approaches for a U.S. Program of Human Space Exploration’) outlines the genuine necessity of planetary exploration and colonization, a goal, which I have strong, and positive feelings about.” Now, this article is quite a departure for me. This is not the regular edition of ‘The Mars Report’. It does not contain ‘eyecandy’ from the surface of Mars, or science experiments from Curiosity. In this article I review a report, required by Congress paid for my NASA and compiled by the National Research Council. This report is very important to the future of American’s space program, our goal of landing a man on Mars, and the very future and life of our species. If you haven’t guessed it, this article is a ‘Must Read’!

  • The Horror in Smithville – Part TEN : “Now, just as soon as the words “will be taken home early” were spoken the entire student body broke out into cheers and applause. Archer was pretty darn sure that the principal was not finished speaking. Pretty sure that there might have been even more important instructions for the students and the staff. Yet, everything was lost to the din of cheers and applause. Archer had stood up, like everyone else, and was clapping his hands frantically. Timmy, on the other hand, had no energy to get up and stand much less applaud an on coming snow storm. Timmy sat there, quietly, wondering if any of the children applauding right now had done the long math on this situation.” And, with that, you get all you are going to as a preview to this the TENTH episode of ‘The Horror in Smithville’. I am very happy with the following this article has garnered, and very happy with the direction the story is taking… us. Want to know more??? Quite simply, you will just have to read… and enjoy!

  • The Mars Report – June 6th, 2014 : “Welcome back My Dear Readers to The Other Shoe. I apologize for the delay in the publication of this edition of ‘The Mars Report’. I have, yet, to write about it but my health is giving my fits and starts. For three days, this week, I had golf balls under my armpits, and fevers that would come and go within a day. I desperately need to get to my doctors, but I am unable to do so by myself. Anywho, I am here now and I have a pretty incredible edition of ‘The Mars Report” for everyone to read and enjoy.” Now, My Dear Readers, this is the edition of “The Mars Report’ that everyone is used to! This edition contains many new images from the surface of Mars. As well, there is a bit of a surprise in this article. NASA/JPL have crossed a milestone in extraplanatery exploration and I chronicle that achievement in this article. Want to know what happened? Read!


.

With that, My Dear Readers, we come to the end of this weekly review. In this week I managed (in spite of serious health problems) to publish another seven articles. Now, I didn’t take the time to celebrate this milestone… but this week?!?! I published my 475th article!! That’s right four hundred and seventy-five articles in less than five years!

.

I am very proud of this accomplishment, and if I had been feeling better I would have written and celebratory article and posted all over Facebook about the milestone. AS a matter of fact… … later today (Saturday)… I might just go ahead and do just that! It does merit some attention and accolades! So, look out for later today… in a couple of hours, for a special posting on Facebook to celebrate my publication of the 475th article here at ‘The Other Shoe’!

.

Well, MY Dear Readers, that brings us to the end of this week and the end of this article. As always, it has been my honor to bring another seven articles to this blog for your reading pleasure. I hope that everyone enjoys the faire I have wrought, and takes the time to read and enjoy as many and as much of this week’s work as brings you pleasure.

.

I know that not everything I write will appeal to every single reader. As a matter of fact… I am fearful that this week’s ‘News From Around the World’ might rub some of my readers the wrong way. If it has, I sincerely apologize. You see, MY Dear Readers, it is never my intent to offend. It is always my intent to expand intellectual horizons. This is the reason for my blog having articles from many different genres. Most blogs cover one topic, one type of story and have one kind of reader.

.

I wanted more than that, and I wanted readers that enjoyed an ever-expanding realm of understanding. Thirsted for more than a mono-culture. This is my trademark… my hook, as it were. My Dear Readers, thank you for coming by and taking the time to read my work. You do me a great honor, and I hope that I show adequate respect for that honor.

.

Adieu!

.

Thank YOU!

.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="234"]The Other Shoe eBay Store The Other Shoe eBay Store[/caption]

http://www.ebay.com/usr/enzomatrixlt


.




[caption id="attachment_2866" align="aligncenter" width="630"]Danny Hanning of The Other Shoe - May 6th, 2014 Danny Hanning of The Other Shoe - May 6th, 2014[/caption]

.


No comments:

Post a Comment