Saturday, February 1, 2014

Sunday Funnies - February 2, 2014

Welcome back My Dear Readers to The Other Shoe. As I always say; “If it is Sunday, then it is time for ‘Sunday Funnies’ at The Other Shoe! Of late, I am doing my best to catch Alexander R Hanning while he is doing some of things that endear him to me. He; Hops, Skips, Jumps and other kinds of festive moving, that express his happiness with being my son. He does these most when he has woken up, in bed with me and after he has eaten some human food he enjoys.

.

However, catching Alex when my camera is on, while he is doing these neat things… is harder than you might imagine. How, Alex does one thing that all of my other ‘Fancy Rats’ have done… he just does it; more, more often and much more intensely. What am I talking about? Well, if you have read a lot of my writing for “The Adventures of Princess Nadia’ and my writing about ‘Fancy Rats’ then you know that all kinds of rats ‘talk’. They grind their teeth, gnash their teeth, pop and rapidly gnash their teeth. Held by your ear, you can hear patterns in their grinding, gnashing and poping… that sounds like speech!

.

This is what Alex does more than any other rat I have ever seen in the thirty years I have lived with rats. It is this behavior that I have captured in the following video. I am holding him, on his back, and he was just; talking and talking and talking!

.

Alexander is the single most talkative rat I have ever seen. In this video I actually capture Alex while he is the middle of a rather lengthy speech. If you watch, closely, at the end of the video you will see he is so emphatic about what he is saying that his head bobs violently! Whatever he is going off about, he was very animated.

.

Personally I am convinced that ‘Fancy Rats’ really are trying to talk with their human partners! It is established science that ‘in the wild’ rats have and use a rudimentary language made up of the grinding, gnashing and popping I already mentioned. However, I am seeing fancy rats use other sounds; grunts, yelps, chirps and barks to talk with us! I believe that human food is improving intelligence in rats the way the addition of meat to the human diet made mankind smarter!

.

Now, without further adieu Alexander talking with Danny!

.

[youtube+http://youtu.be/GKezSVii7Hw]


(Alexander R Hanning Talking to Danny!)


.




[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="234"]The Other Shoe eBay Store The Other Shoe eBay Store[/caption]

.

[caption id="attachment_1812" align="aligncenter" width="630"]Just a shot of a VERY thankful Danny in His Power Chair Just a shot of a VERY thankful Danny in His Power Chair[/caption]

1 comment:

  1. […] Sunday Funnies – February 2, 2014 : “Welcome back My Dear Readers to The Other Shoe. As I always say; “If it is Sunday, then it […]

    ReplyDelete