Monday, February 17, 2014

California Drought Update 2-16-14

            Welcome back My Dear Readers to The Other Shoe. When I wrote and published The Great Californian Exodus(my initial article about the California drought and the insanely persistent ridge of high pressure responsible for the drought) I promised to post updates as they happened. Welcome, My Dear Readers, to the first of those updates. It is 4AM on Monday 2/17/14 and I am completely unable to sleep. My pain and hunger are working to rob me of much needed sleep.

.

Not being one to sit idle, or waste time better spent working, I decided to see if there was any ‘news’ on this ridge of high pressure. Low and behold, there is!

.

        The good news, weather-wise, is that the ridge of high-pressure air over California that's blocked rainstorms for months seems to be breaking up in some places…. "It's breaking down slightly," he said.”[1]

.

The ‘breakup’ has happened primarily in Northern California. It allowed some rainstorms through, last weekend, to Northern California. It is estimated that perhaps as much as 15 inches was allowed through to dump in the Northern California area. This could, possibly, help to break the grip on the ridge, here in Southern California, by lowering overall temperatures. However, there is no evidence (so far) to indicate that is indeed the case.

.

Summing up, I am going to share a graphic that I found, this morning, that helps you My Dear Readers to visualize the severity of our drought. I am always one for including visual aids as they really can help a reader gain insight into the topic, and they help break up a page, too.

,

[caption id="attachment_2391" align="aligncenter" width="630"]Average Yearly rainfall California adn the drought Average Yearly rainfall California adn the drought[/caption]

.

Now, it is 4AM… and I am going to shut down my computer… and close my eyes. Even if I cannot get any sleep, at least I can rest my eyes, and maybe my back and neck… some. I hope that I have helped give you, My Dear Readers, a little more insight into the severity of our drought. As well, I really do try my hardest to keep my word, when I give it, regardless of what I gave my word over and what cost it may take on me. I am a man of my word, pain or not.

.

As always I am deeply honored that you come here and read my work.

.

Thank YOU!

.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="234"]The Other Shoe eBay Store The Other Shoe eBay Store[/caption]

.

[caption id="attachment_2296" align="aligncenter" width="630"]The Other Shoe's Daniel Hanning The Other Shoe's Daniel Hanning[/caption]

 







2 comments:

  1. Hi there just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few of the images aren't loading properly.

    I'm not sure why but I think its a linking issue.

    I've tried it in two different browsers and both show the same results.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, but there IS only ONE image for this entire article. Not sure what you are seeing or not seeing. As well, just checked this article on two mobile devices and my notebook computer. Thanks for the heads up, but it appears all is working as deaigned.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete