Monday, April 13, 2015

The Rebirth and Re-Launch of The Other Shoe

[caption id="attachment_3856" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Author/Editor Danny Hanning in Rolling Hills Estates February 2015 Author/Editor Danny Hanning in Rolling Hills Estates February 2015[/caption]

.

                     Welcome back My Dear Readers Shoevians to The Other Shoe. This article is my first written work in, well, many months. The world just keeps moving, as it did during my hiatus. Just recently I lost my best friend and constant companion, Alexander R. Hanning. His passing shook me to my very core and left me reeling for days. Alexander had a stroke March 27th, 2015. For the next two weeks I kept him at my side, cared for his every need and fed him Ensure and baby food.

.

He really wanted to hang in there, to stay at his Daddy Daniel’s side, for as long as possible. I will talk more about Alexander, his life’s work, and his end struggle later this week in my homage. This coming Sunday I hope to publish a final ‘Sunday Funnies – Homage to Alexander R. Hanning’. I will share his final videos, which remain unpublished, his final images and the time we spent together prior to his passing. Alexander was; a source of strength, a genuine friend, an inspiration and my muse for many works. His role in my upcoming works ‘The Adventures of Princess Nadia’ will be greatly expanded due to his larger-than-life role in my real life.

.

After much soul searching and discussions with Allen, I have brought my battle with Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma to an end. I have put my oncologist on the backburner and scheduled my next office visit for October. For all of you, My Dearest Shoevians, which have not faced cancer, the battle takes everything out of your life. We lost thousands of dollars of potential income, right at our birthdays, our 27th anniversary, and the Holiday season. Time, events, and treasure I will never regain, and is sorely lost.

.

Writing this, just now, I am seeing (for the first time) my level of personal loss. Oh, don’t get me wrong… I have known my loss. My lost income, my lost time and my loss of life and love. It is just, well… writing about it here, today, brings me face-to-face with my losses. Today, I end one of these losses by returning to writing and publishing here at The Other Shoe.

.

Now, My Dearest Shoevians, I am going to be completely honest upfront. I will not be capable of producing the amount of content, articles, here at the beginning. First, I am going to undertake a search for a new ‘look’ for the blog. The site at Word Press will remain the same for the time being. So, this change will just take place at the Blog.com location. I am looking to rekindle the Shoevians that were/are my regular readers. However, I am looking to expand my readership with any/all means possible. What you can look forward to?

.

You can look forward to; ‘The Mars Report’, ‘Lost in Space’, Sunday Funnies’ (changed due to the loss of Alexander R. Hanning), A Week in Review’ and “News From around the World’. I have several new article series that I plan on rolling out, over the next several weeks. Of course politics and the upcoming Presidential election will be featured over the coming months. For those that think they ‘know’ who I will write in favor and who I will choose to trash? “You don’t know!”

.

This is a very important election for many reasons. The most important for our nation is Income Inequality! The candidate that (honestly) champions genuine income redistribution (as suggested by Pope Francis) will curry my favor. We, Americans/America, are deeply entrenched in an “economy of exclusion”[1]. Pope Francis, recently, m et with executives from United Nations Agencies, Funds and Programmes. Here is an excerpt from their discussions:

.

“Future Sustainable Development Goals must therefore be formulated and carried out with generosity and courage, so that they can have a real impact on the structural causes of poverty and hunger, attain more substantial results in protecting the environment, ensure dignified and productive labor for all, and provide appropriate protection for the family, which is an essential element in sustainable human and social development. Specifically, this involves challenging all forms of injustice and resisting the “economy of exclusion”, the “throwaway culture” and the “culture of death” which nowadays sadly risk becoming passively accepted.”[2]

.

I strongly feel that, regardless of your political leaning, income inequalitypovertyrampant hunger among CHILDREN in America… and the repeated financial attacks (by Congressional Republicans) on; Food Stamps, Social Security Benefits, Social Security Disability Benefits, Veterans Benefits, Homeless Veterans Benefits, and like programs. America must belly-up to the table and honestly discuss the obvious attack(s) on the; poor, seniors, and the disabled.

.

So, My Dear Shoevians, I am publishing this article today (April 13, 2015) as a precursor to the rebirth and Re-Launch of The Other Shoe! I will not shy away form the issues of our time. I will not pull any punches, and I will do my level best to DOCUMENT every fact and factoid I will share over the months and years to come. As always, I put honesty above popularity and the credibility of my blog above traffic reports.

.

So, if you are just looking for some one0sided political fodder for your Facebook postings? The Other Shoe is not your place to read. However, if you have grown tired of obvious fodder and pandering. If you are not just another rhetoric parrot then, maybe… just maybe The Other Shoe is the place for you.

.

I look forward to seeing you all here as I work (hard) to return The Other Shoe to its former glory, and traffic. I just know that these ‘times’ will give me fodder. I am just hoping that my health, my strength and my resolve can match the intensity of these times.

.

Thank you!

.

Adieu!

.

[caption id="attachment_3853" align="aligncenter" width="225"]Danny at Disneyland February 2015 Danny at Disneyland February 2015[/caption]

.

© 2010 – 2015 Hanning Web Wurx and The Other Shoe



2 comments:

  1. Thank You Dyaln! It is good to be back... and I am determine to meet my M,W,F, Sat publication schedule. ONce I have a four day work week down, I will work towards publishing five to seven times a week.
    Thanks, again, a drop by Friday for 'Lost in Space - NASA Reaches the Kuiper Belt!'

    ReplyDelete