Saturday, April 18, 2015

Week in Review - April 19th, 2015

[caption id="attachment_3856" align="aligncenter" width="300"]Author/Editor Danny Hanning in Rolling Hills Estates February 2015 Author/Editor Danny Hanning in Rolling Hills Estates February 2015[/caption]

.

Welcome back My Dear Readers Shoevians to The Other Shoe. I am writing this article at 7:25PM PDST Saturday night, seems this is my favorite time to write at this point in my life. More likely? It isn’t until this late in the day that I find myself pain free enough to get behind the keyboard and do some good work. This is the very first edition of ‘A Week in Review’ since my long cancer hiatus. Now, this article series always appeared early in the day on Saturday. That would give all of you, My Dear Shoevians, the whole weekend to review my week’s work.

.

Things just didn’t work out, that way, this week. I have no desire to shake-up my publishing schedule, at least right now. Next question is? When will I publish this weekly review, this week. Tomorrow I have planned the publication of ‘Sunday Funnies – Homage to Alexander’. It is not, yet, finished but I have enough complete that I should be right on schedule.

.

That leaves me with publishing this week’s review at 11PM Central time… or leaving it all the way to Monday. LOL When this article is read the decision will already be made, thus making this whole conversation truly academic. J Back to real time reality. It appears that I will have written, and published, a whole Five Articles for this first week of the Rebirth & Re-Launch’ here at The Other Shoe. I am very proud of this accomplishment.

.

Especially considering that the third article (Lost in Space – NASA Reaches the Kuiper Belt’) for this week has substantially more images and footnotes than any work I have produced since my diagnosis. I am greatly encouraged that subject matter I wrote about just months ago, the Kuiper Belt, has found its way into our news. Believe me when I tell you, My Dear Shoevians, that kind of thing doesn’t happen often enough. Now, as for the weeks to come.

.

I have a surgery that needs to take place, in the near future, and my visit with a neurosurgeon could result in even more surgeries. Meaning, this was a great and ambitious start for the rebirth of my blog. However, My medical needs can, and will, trump my desire to write and publish at any given point. I will (as always) do my level best to tell you, My Dear Shoevians, well in advance of any changes to my publishing schedule. It is my deepest desire and intent to continue to write and publish as often as possible.

.

This was a test week for me and my body/mind. My mind has weathered this week with no ill effects. My body, on the other hand, is resisting sitting up at a keyboard for extended periods of time… repeatedly. My neck and back pain a considerably worse, but I will live. .Now, without further adieu, I give you this week’s ‘A Week in Review’!

.

  • The Rebirth and Re-Launch of The Other Shoe“Welcome back My Dear Readers Shoevians to The Other Shoe. This article is my first written work in, well, many months. The world just keeps moving, as it did during my hiatus. Just recently I lost my best friend and constant companion, Alexander R. Hanning. His passing shook me to my very core and left me reeling for days. Alexander had a stroke March 27th, 2015. For the next two weeks I kept him at my side, cared for his every need and fed him Ensure and baby food.” When I wrote this introduction I was still very much reeling from the death of Alexander R. Hanning. Matter of fact, I am still hurting deeply from his departure. I am determined to publish the ‘Sunday Funnies’ homage to him… this week. I am thrilled that I have returned to writing and publishing on a reagular basis. I never felt as alive as when I was writing and publishing six and seven or more articles a week. That, and that was when my words were used on ‘Face the Nation’. That always helps!

  • The Mars Report – 39 Days to MARS?“Today I am re-launching this storied series of articles, here at The Other Shoe, by sharing groundbreaking news that man could arrive at Mars in just … … … (drum roll, please!)… … … THIRTY-NINE DAYS! This is a major development in America’s ‘Second Space Race’ with China. With current generation rockets and propulsion systems it would taken America astronauts nearly six months to reach Martian orbit from Earth. This has been the single largest prohibitive factor (besides funding from a shortsighted and narrow-minded Congressional Majority) in the planning for a journey to Mars.” What better way for me to re-launch an article series about the planet Mars than to announce the possibility that a trip there, and back, now could take a fraction of the time? When I read of this all new plasma engine, and the reconfigured time frame, I was compelled to write this article. I just don’t see how anyone could be against sending man to Mars once this engine is completed and ready for use. Mankind was born on Earth, I am confident that we were not meant to die here on Earth. Our crib, not our grave.

  • · Lost in Space – NASA Arrives at Kuiper Belt – “Welcome back My Dear Shoevians to The Other Shoe and an all-new edition of ‘Lost in Space’. Now, for the past year this article series has; shared images of far-flung galaxies super nova and nebula, taken us all on a “Tour of Our Solar System’, and to the Kuiper Belt and Oort Cloud. The Kuiper Belt and the Oort Cloud… wow… such fond memories… That edition of ‘Lost in Space’ was one of my research and share with all of you, My Dearest Shoevians.” To think that just months ago I introduced all of you, My Dear Shoevians, to The Kuiper Belt in my article series “Lost in Space – Tour of Our Solar System’! Now, NASA’s first spacecraft has arrived at that very same target! I am very proud that my work is, and remains, current. You see, My Dear Shoevians, I really do my best to bring you up-to-date information about topics of current interest. It is what I want to accomplish with this blog… and my writing ability.

  • · Sunday Funnies – Homage to Alexander R. Hanning - Coming soon… hopefully Sunday (tomorrow0 right here at The Other Shoe.


.

That brings us to the very end of this, the very first since my hiatus, edition of ‘A Week in Review’. Now, I know that it is time to stop and publish, because I am making mistakes with my hands in writing and using the software. When you loose precise use of your hands, it is time to stop and take a break. I will be uploading this tonight, and have it set to publish immediately. However, since it is after 10PM in Texas, most of you My Dear Shoevians will not read this work until tomorrow.

.

As always I am thrilled that you come here and visit and read my work.

.

Thank you!

.

Adieu!

.

 

© 2010 – 2015 Hanning Web Wurx and The Other Shoe

No comments:

Post a Comment