Saturday, September 14, 2013

Daniel Update September 14, 2013...

          Welcome back, My Dear Readers, to The Other Shoe. This is my update for September 14, 2013. First, a review, at 6PM Pacific time yesterday (while waiting for Allen my caregiver and best friend roommate to come home from running errands) I receive one of those calls all of us hope to never receive. Allen calls me and, casually, tells me that he has been arrested for Grand Theft Auto. I suddenly leave my body and begin to have an out of body experience. I notice… he laughs. That is what I just wrote, when Allen told me that he was in jail for stealing a truck…. He laughs!

.

I am not amused. My Dear Readers, for the past three years I have never once walked further than my bathroom. Everywhere I go, anywhere I go Allen pushes me in a wheelchair. I cannot walk without my left foot dragging behind me. I have the shoes to prove this fact. My mind immediately flashes on; how am I going to get food, how am I going to get my prescription on Tuesday, how am I going to get…. Anywhere? Back to that in a moment.

.

Allen stops laughing when I raise my voice and ask “You are in jail? For stealing a car?!?!? What is going to happen to me??? I will end up homeless and then DEAD!” (Not too much of an exaggeration… I know what it is to be homeless… I know my limitations). Allen mostly ignores my heartfelt grief and tells me that the arresting officer thinks they will let him out, later tonight (that would be last night, Friday night 9/13/13… FYI he did not come home).

.

I ask him what is supposed to happen to me, to Alexander… to moving. How am I supposed to move all alone, now? He does not even say that he is sorry, My Dear Readers. He continues with saying that he would likely be out of jail. At this time I am getting very scared and very upset. I tell Allen, because I at least realize this might be the only time I ever talk to husband of twenty-five years, that I love him but that his actions will lead to my being homeless and perhaps dead.

.

Allen hangs up on me. He left that morning at 8Am to; go to unemployment to straighten out a problem he had getting his most recent UI check. A, FYI, check he was going to use to pay me back for his half of this month’s rent. See I used $350.00 of the money I raised to pay his half of the rent, on the first. I NEED that money to MOVE!

.

I am writing this not to ask for money, My Dear Readers, more than anything I am writing this article and the following ones to chronicle my fall. See, it REALLY HAS been an honor to have you come and read my words… my works. It just would not be the honorable thing to do to just leave you all and not explain what went wrong… what happened. My Dear Readers, I owe you more than that.. SO MUCH MORE! However, I am falling… falling without a safety net…. Falling with no hope of safety.

.

In two weeks I will run out of pain medications. I will be going through opiate withdrawal living on the streets. Honestly, a fate worse than death…. I am sorry I get scared and I digress. I am very scared… terrified of what lies ahead. I had a little quite life scratched out. Then the 60 day notice… now Allen in jail. My Dear Readers, I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG!!!! I follow all the rules. I pray every day. I do no wrong to another man. I break no laws… and yet I stand on the verge of total social collapse… and homelessness.

.

If there is anyone that can and will help? Contact me via Facebook or this blog… I am so sorry that I am leaving. I am so sorry that I will never get to share…. ‘The Adventures of Princess Nadia’. I will keep praying and searching for some soft landing. I am just so scared… there is little food in the house. I only have three days of pain medications left and the pharmacy is… well, it might as well be a mile away.

.

I am sorry… I am breaking down… I will write more when I can.

.

Thank you.

ADDENDUM Saturday September 14th, 2013 2:30PM:

"I realize that my grief and confusion may have LEAD to some confusion. I APOLIGZE! Glen Gay did NOT 'steal' a truck, in that he did not sell it, or wreck it or anything like that.... AT 47 years of age Glen Allen Gay went for a 'joy ride' to an Unemploymnet office. He was caught... at the Unenmployment office. That is my understanding, but nobody is talking to ME>"...
FURTHER
"Here is Glen Gay's day. He gets up at 5 or 6AM to prepare me breakfast... get me bathed, if it is my day for a bath, goes out to look for a FULL TIME job. Comes home by noon, feeds me again, gets me my meidcations. Goes to WORK... Comes home, prepares me dinner, helps me if I need, and gets me ready for bed. Go to sleep, rinse and repeat! Glen Allen Gay has been doing this, for me and himslef, for the better part of seven years. I cannot say I wouldn't CRACK.... I am in no way defending his actions... but can YOU say YOU could help me EVERY DAY for the better ...part of a DECADE every day to eat, bathe, and take medications? Could you? Would YOU?"

No comments:

Post a Comment