Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My 'eBay Advenutre' and an Update From Dan!

              Welcome back My Dear Readers to The Other Shoe. I am quite happy to announce I am living in a nice apartment with a full kitchen. Allen is at my side, working a work release program and taking care of me. Things are really tight. Honestly, if I had not been a victim of theft? Things would be much better for me. I am still sitting here trying to figure exactly what kind of person steals from disabled people?

.

I mean, seriously, it takes a special kind of sicko to steal money from a guy in a wheelchair flirting with homelessness. So, this week I am hoping to raise enough funds to file the lawsuit against… Larry. I have snet a certified letter requesting the return of my, illegally obtained¸ funds. I went to the OC Courts web site and filled out the paperwork to file suit. Now, I just need the $150 to file and have Larry served.

.

What a world we live in, eh?

.

I am almost unpacked, from moving. I still have three or four boxes of PC games to unpack… once I find a place to store them and a few boxes of family memorabilia. Photo albums, boxes of photographs and copies of awards and my high school diploma still need to find a home in my new home. Basically, I am getting settled. Well, sort of.

.

Hanging over everything do, and my ability to get in the right frame of mind to write, is the tremendous weight of ‘making ends meet’. Allen is not getting paid for the work he is doing and my quandary is that my social security just covers the rent. This leaves me sleepless most nights. It is difficult to find peace, to sleep or write, when the weight of your world hangs over your head 24/7. Everyday I wake u p and I think about putting my wireless keyboard in front of me, and beginning to write. Each and every morning, right after I have that overwhelming urge to express myself in the remaining fashion I have… I begin to worry. Worry about paying my phone bill. Worry about getting food. Worry about paying the rent, and worrying about all the financial strain I live under… each and every day.

.

Late last week I took action that I thought would lead to some resolution… to some relief from the crushing feels I experience. I placed a dozen, or so, items I own on eBay to sell. Now, My Dear Readers, I have never done this before. I am an eBay virgin. I have never done this before and know that I am, likely, not presenting the items the best I can… or in a way that drives traffic. I am doing my best.

.

I have decided to promote my eBay items, here at The Other Shoe. I simply cannot bring myself to run another Indiegogo campaign. I simply cannot keep up that frantic pace, and that level of writing, at this time. My Dear Readers, I miss ‘The Week In Review’ and ‘Sunday Funnies’ and I genuinely hope that I find… the personal space… the motivation… the end of the writer’s block that strangles my creativity. I deeply miss the routine of writing regular articles for my blog. I genuinely miss writing my thoughts and impressions of the news of the day, and week.

.

Loud, and turgent[1] (Rising into a tumour or a puffy state; tumid, Bombastic; turgid; pompous.), voices are guiding weakened minds to acts against the best interests of our nation and themselves. Honestly, America and Americans need what I have to say more now than anytime in the past three years.

.

I sincerely want to return to writing, on a regular basis. IT is just the weight of… my financial commitments… they task me. That is why I am turning to you, My Dear Readers, to look at my eBay sale items. See if there is anything that I have you might want to purchase. I know… I am ashamed… but I have to eat and pay rent. Here is the link to my eBay listings:

http://www.ebay.com/usr/enzomatrixlt


(or just click on the word eBay anywhere in this article)


Take a look and see if there is anything there you might… desire .I am working, as best I can, on some articles for later this week. I am hoping that some of this pressure is relived. I do not know how to ask for help, at this point in my life. I do not understand how and WHY someone could possibly steal from me. What kind of persons steals from a guy in a wheelchair?

.

Please, take a moment and look at my sale items. Barring that… I am listed on PlayPal as Daniel Hanning. Any kindness will be graciously accepted. I do not want to ask for further charity… That is why I started my listings at eBay.

.

My pain now clouds my judgment… and my thoughts. I hope to see you all, My Dear Readers, soon. I miss you all so very much… it hurts. Please know, that every day I think of you all. I hope to be back and writing, with regularity, soon. Take Care.

.

As always, I am honored that you come here and read my work.

.

Thank YOU!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment