Saturday, November 9, 2013

A Very Special Thank You

         Welcome back My Dear Readers to The Other Shoe. It is very late at night, or very early in the morning. Either way, Once again, I am learning that it is a ‘bad idea’ to eat onion rings at midnight right before going to bed. So, as the onion rings are burning holes in the lining of my stomach, I figured that I would get a head start on Saturday’s publications. Yesterday I filmed a short “Thank you!” video here in my new apartment. I was going to write this introduction later today, but writing it now seems the best use of my time.

.

This week was quite busy. I was out each and every day; running errands, going shopping and getting some much needed sun and fresh air. While I was out I came to the realization that the neighborhood that I now call home is much better than Cypress. In Cypress I was forced (by the nature of my location) to shop at one of the most expensive supermarket grocery store chains, here in Southern California, Albertson’s. Now, I have two Target stores (with groceries) within power chair distance (within a half mile).

.

One is located in the Westminster Mall, a very nice indoor mall with; Spencer’s Gifts, J.C. Penny, Hot Topic, Macy’s, Cinnabon and the afore mentioned Target. It is a two-story mall with fifty or more different shops and a large food court. If I am not ‘up’ to going to the mall, there is another Target the other direction in a medium sized strip mall with; a Pavilions, Jamba Juice, Einstein Bagels, Howard’s, Marie Calendars and about twenty other shops. You can go more casual without feeling like you accidentally went to church in your pajamas.

.

Then there is Bella Terra. It is a series of strip malls connected with an upscale apartment complex. This is the mini-mall where Allen got his job at Kohl’s. The 405 freeway is half a block south from my building, and that will be very convenient, once I get a car or van. There is just no end of places to go and shop, or just window shop. I also have, for the first time in ten years (and the very first time since I bought my power chair) a ground floor apartment! In just the past month, I have used my power chair more than in the pervious year.

.

This has, all, put me in a much better personal space. Having said, I felt compelled to express my gratitude to everyone that hs helped to make my new home a reality. Hence, the video below. I hope that you enjoy watching the video as much as I enjoyed making it for you. Please, take a moment to watch and accept my deep and heartfelt “Thank YOU!”

.

As always, I am honored that you come here and read my work.

.

]youtube+http://youtu.be/qjjGOYlD6ws]

No comments:

Post a Comment