Saturday, June 29, 2013

A Week In Review - June 30th 2013

Welcome back, My Dear Readers, to the second edition of ‘A Week In Review’. Today I will post links and a short excerpt from all my articles posted between June 23rd and June 30th. I was really wanting to have as much material, to share, as my very first edition of ‘A Week In Review’. However, the spirit was willing, the mind was sharp and quite willing and my flesh was weak. Isn’t that always the way it is, be it cleaning the garage or clearing out rain gutters. Huh? This week was just packed full of news and subjects that I wanted to weigh in on. However, (probably) because of how hard I pushed myself last week I now find myself in too much pain to meet last week’s level of content.

.

Originally, I had planned to start and finish ‘MMORPGs and YOU!’ this week. One game, per day, ending tomorrow (Sunday) with an article tying them all together. The article would also; sum up my feelings about this genre, relay the financial dominance one MMORPG had on gaming, and how I feel MMORPGs have a substantial role to play in an ageing society. Just a little spoiler; World of Warcraft (the dingle most popular MMORPG of all) had, at one point, Twelve Million subscribers @ $14.99 a month = $180,000,000 A MONTH = $2,160,000,000 A YEAR! [Check my math I did round from $14.99 to $15].

.

Little known fact, in 2011 video game sales OUTBEAT Hollywood ticket sales.[1] That trend did fade in the following years. However, between 2009-2011 the market did show that gaming (PC Gaming made the most thanks to WoW) could beat out Hollywood film making profits. I have a feeling that this is a trend we will se again. Just as soon as everyone tires of how little tablets really do and move back to desktop PCs. [Mark my words, right here right now that I predicted this would happen]

.

Now, without further adieu ‘A Week In Review’ June 23rd 2013.

Busy Week, Two! : “Welcome back, My Dear Readers, to another week here @ The Other Shoe. Last week was fantastic, we had several ‘firsts’, this week proves to be even better as I have things in the works. And let us a recap those first, from last week, and then will move on. On to what I have in store for this week and maybe beyond.

.

The 1st first(s) will be my favorite to come, ‘A Week In Review’ is already one of my most popular articles here @ The Other Shoe. Looking at the traffic report it is easy to see, that this article series will be a big hit. I have received some feedback, and it I will apply. Seems the traffic report is best published separate, seems it took something away, from the overall success of the ‘A Week in Review’.”

Sunday Funnies (the FIRST) : “I get so serious; I have to admit, so focused on the topic, and how to present. I often forget, I often neglect, to stop find some light at the end. I forget to share happiness I forget to share love. I forget to be humorous I forget to have fun. No better time than the present, eh?”

MMORPGs and YOU! – First Edition – Rift : “Welcome back, My Dear Readers, to The Other Shoe. Today we start a series that should last all this week. The subject matter is dear to my heart, PC Gaming. To be more precise MMORPG = Massively Multiplayer Online role Playing Game. A little background; IO started (again) playing online games back in 1998. Then I was playing (later hosting) FPS (First Person Shooter) games of Quake. I had only one computer, until 2002, so until 2002 I could only really join multiplayer games on the web. The ping, at firs, caused single frame rates. However, with time and with money that did improve.”

America’s Future is NOT in its Past! : “That is true, America’s future does not lie in its past. Today the Untied States Supreme Court has made the worst decision since I’ve been alive. They have gutted the will of the American people to favor a party ready to die. Don’t be fooled by the numbers, of the SCOTUS decision. Because the ONLY woman (Justice Sotomayor recued herself due her ruling on a similar case) wrote the Dissenting Opinion on today’s ruling from this absurd court. Here’s a clue, that what I say is right, the dissenting opinion was LONGER and contained more Evidence and PROOF than the one written by Chief Justice Edwards.”

My Deepest Regrets : “Welcome back My Dear Readers to The Other Shoe. Right now it is late Saturday evening, about 8 o’clock, and I am coming to you to express my regret. Regret that I was unable to provide what I promised. Regret I find myself unable to share what I want.”

MMORPGs And YOU! – Part Two – Age of Conan : “Welcome back, My Dear Readers, to ‘MMORPGs and You’- Part Two’ here @ The Other Shoe. Tonight I will be sharing with you the MMORPG ‘Age of Conan’. Like all of the other MMORPGs I will share this game is free to play. You can download the client at the link name above. However, this edition will not just be about Age of Conan. Tonight I will explain to you more about him in the world of MMORPGs.”

The South is More Racist? Is THAT True?!? : “Welcome back, My Dear Readers, to an article from the heart. This might be the shortest, but it means so much to me I am willing to chance offending the people I love… in order to save them from themselves. My name is Daniel Hanning I was born in Texas while Ike was still President and the U.S. just had 48 states. I was born to wear braces, on my little tiny legs, till I was two. I didn’t really speak till I was two and didn’t walk until three or four.”

That brings us to the end of the week. Tomorrow you will see another issue of ‘Sunday Funnies’ and then we will start all over again. It has been a thrill to share all this with you, My Dear Readers, and I cannot put into words the joy that I feel with every ‘Like’ and ‘Share’ that you do. Every time I see you share on Facebook or ‘Like’ the article @ The Other Shoe I feel a sense of accomplishment and joy. I cannot tank you enough.

.

However, this next week might not be as productive. As I mentioned on Facebook, the building I live in has been SOLD. This might mean I have to move, with little notice. I do not know, but the manager here told me they may move everyone out to ‘remodel’ the building. IF that happens… well, I do not have enough money to move… even to another shitty hotel/motel. This is weighing on me very heavy… I have not slept. I will try to keep everyone informed over Facebook and The Other Shoe. However, if you do not see me… then you know I probably ended up on the street. That is my greatest fear… and it might just be coming true.

.

I know you have so many sources for news and entertainment. I am honored you choose The Other Shoe. “Thank you!”







[1] http://www.uproxx.com/gaming/2011/06/infographic-of-the-day-videogames-pwning-hollywood-in-release-week-sales/


No comments:

Post a Comment