Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Final Hours - Danny's Cancer Treatment Fund

.

 

[caption id="attachment_195" align="aligncenter" width="630"]Danny @ The Tinder Box 1987 Danny @ The Tinder Box 1987[/caption]

.

Welcome back My Dear Readers to The Other Shoe. It is just after 6:30PM PST here in California. That means that there is just shy of SIX HOURS LEFT to my campaign. My Dear Readers, first I want to say ‘THANK YOU!” to my eleven Contributors to Danny’s Cancer Treatment Fund @ Indiegogo. Second, I apologize to anyone/everyone that I may have… offended(?)… disturbed(?)… bothered(?) with my frequent and persistent campaigning and posts.

.

It was never my intention to do anything but fight for my life. That leads me to; Third, for whatever reason. I have failed at my attempt to raise enough money to successfully battle my Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma. That scares me to death. It scares me that I will go to face and fight this cancer and win. Last night, My Dear Readers, I lay in bed… unable to sleep or rest, gripped in fear and anxiety. I was more terrified, at the future I now face, than at any other time in my life.

.

Terrified at the prospect that this cancer may well take my life, in a time where it should not. That, by some shortcoming on my part, I have sentenced myself to a fate I would not wish on anyone. For the past forty-five days I have worked, relentlessly, on; my campaign, my two blogs, promotions, Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest, and Tumblr. Work in all these venues of social media in hopes of raising interest in my cause, and by so doing increase the potential donations.

.

I have written more, and more frequently than at any time in the past two years of my life. Spent all night, on more than one occasion, promoting, posting, cross-promoting, writing, publishing and pimping myself, my work, my cause. I am not ashamed of the $500 I have raised, and in no way should anyone that donated think I do not deeply appreciate their kindness and generosity. It is not that.

.

It is the sense that… somehow, I have failed; family, friends, close friends, fellow actors, fellow writers, past associates and even acquaintances to the point that they actively chose to not support me in my battle with cancer. My Dear Readers, I simply cannot put into words just how much that hurts! I never asked to have a typewriter fall in my head, never wanted or desired to be physically disabled, have nerve root damage, be unable to properly walk or use my left hand. Nor did I request this cancerous bane, Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma.

.

I didn’t ask, but I did think that I would always have the kindness and support… that is what really hurts. Only six… five and a half hours left.

.

Please... won’t you PLEASE donate… and help me in my battle with cancer? PLEASE?

.

PLEASE DONATE to


Danny's Cancer Treatment Fund @ Indiegogo


.



Danny in Rolling Hills Estates August 12, 2014
Danny in Rolling Hills Estates August 12, 2014

PLEASE GIVE!?!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment