Thursday, September 24, 2015

My Dear Shoevians, I (Regretfully) Ask for YOUR HELP!


Danny Hanning
Danny Hanning
.
 Welcome back My Dear Shoevians to The Other ShoeMy Dear Shoevians for the past several weeks I have struggled with increased constant pain. I have tried, very hard, to overcome this pain and keep to a regular writing and publishing schedule. My reasons for this is two-fold. First, I long to write... to publish... to create! Without my ability to work a job, to clock in and work a job... a career that I love... my writing is my solace. Second, My Dear Shoevians, is YOU! For the past four years I have written an published for you! I do not do it for money... which, due to my current situation... I regret deeply. I do not put ads on my blogs. I do not make money from your; reading, learning, entertainment.
.
Now, due to an unforeseen circumstance, I am without my computer. This computer has; my Word program, my Voice-to-Text (Dragon Speaking) program, my Animation program, my Publishing program, ALL of my 650+ articles and all of my passwords saved in memory. I have owned this laptop (HP DV 9500t CTO) computer since Christmas 2007. ALL of my best writing was done on this laptop computer. I know how it works, I know how to publish quickly and easily on this computer. Now, due to a mistake I made while panicking, the video card (built into the motherboard) is fried!
.
This laptop computer cost me (roughly) $2,000.00 eight years ago (this Christmas). Today, it will cost me about $400 to have it repaired. Another 17.5' laptop computer; of equal power and ability, with NEW licensing for all the writing/editing/publishing/animation programs will cost me much more than having it repaired. You see, My Dear Shoevians, it is not just the cost of another laptop replacement. I can find that, at WalMart refurbished/clearance for $500-$600. However, then I have to purchase another; Word Processing program (WORD preferably... I know how to use Word... like, in my sleep), Speech-to-text program, Publisher program (for newsletters, fliers, business cards, and everything else I use and need), animation program (I am looking to replace/upgrade the 'Sunday Funnies' series with MY animations), Iolo System Mechanic Professional, Anti-Virus program, and ALL of the other programs I have and USE on this laptop computer.
.
All told, I would have to spend another $500-$600 on programs just to get another new laptop up to the quality and usability of my current laptop. Over the past ten days I have given this a great deal of thought, consideration and soul-searching. This is the best and cheapest course of action. Now, for the kicker!
.
My Dear Shoevians, I am in no financial position to purchase; a new laptop and all the software I need to produce and publish at the professional level I have for the past five years. My Dear Shoevians, it has been years since I have asked for any assistance. Any financial support whatsoever, and I am proud of that fact. I do not like/enjoy/relish asking anyone for any kind of help. It goes against my upbringing, against my belief(s)... and it hurts to ask... and hurts even MORE when I fail to garner much needed support.
However, without any assistance I will be unable to; write, publish, inform, entertain and share my views. This is, already, causing me grief and frustration. If you are a Facebook friend, you will have (likely) seen evidence of this in my posts. My writing and publishing is my creative outlet. It gives me center, it distracts me from my constant and growing levels of pain. Without it, I feel more pain and I sleep less and my sleep is fitful. I am in shambles. I am beside myself. I am without my center... without my creative outlet... without my reason for living.
.
know that appears extreme... and I do not want to frighten anyone. I am not in a 'dark place' and not having hurtful thoughts. That is a reality, but it is getting more and more difficult to make it through each day. My Dear Shoevians, my need is genuine. This is not some pseudo-cry-for-help, I genuinely need financial assistance to get my writing/publishing laptop computer back up and running. I would be willing to sign an agreement to repay any funds! I could manage to pay back $50 a month, and not loose too much food... or medications.
.
Danny Hanning
.
My Dear Shoevians, deeply apologize for coming to you and asking for help. I am willing to provide evidence that the computer is being repaired. An invoice for the repairs, pictures of the 'Device Manager' showing that the video adapter is not working. Screenshots of the desktop with the visual artifacts that prove it is the video card. I am willing to provide any/all evidence that all monies will go to the repair of the laptop and to NOTHING ELSE!
.
This computer has been at my side since Christmas 2007! EVERYTHING I have written for The Other Shoe(s) has been written on THIS computer! have creative-bond with this computer. Right now I am writing this article on a borrowed computer without Word or any word processor. I downloaded and installed “Open Office' to create this article. I do not think I will/would be able to 'barrow' this computer often...
.
My Dear Shoevians, my back is against the wall! I am fearful of being without... it, and without my creative outlet.
.
PLEASE! My Dear Shoevians, PLEASE consider assisting me? I have TRIED and TRIED and TRIED to find a way other than what I ask here today!
.
Want to know how desperate I am? I am going to publish my PHONE NUMBER and EMAIL so that someone can help! It SCARES ME GREATLY to do so... but I just cannot think of a way to get the help I need... in a timely fashion.. without sharing this contact information. ONCE I have obtained the help... I will remove this information HOPING that I have not invited disaster... already. PLEASE My Dear Shoevians... reach out and HELP? (714) 931-2436. enzomatrix@earthlink.net
.
PLEASE HELP ME? 
.
Thank you!
.

© 2010 – 2015 Hanning Web Wurx and The Other Shoe

No comments:

Post a Comment