Monday, September 21, 2015

Walker Cuts ’16 Run Short Takes Jab at Trump

Madison, Wis. —Warning the GOP’s presidential race has become too nasty, Scott Walker suspended his 2016 campaign on Monday and called on some of his Republican rivals to do the same, citing an urgent need to “clear the field” to help defeat GOP front-runner Donald Trump. “Today, I believe that I am being called to lead by helping to clear the field in this race so that a positive conservative message can rise to the top of the field. With that in mind, I will suspend my campaign immediately,” Walker
Source: Walker cuts ’16 run short with jabs at Trump
 .
                     Welcome back My Dear Shoevians to The Other ShoeI return, from my week-long hiatus,  to share with all of you news from the Republican Primary field. Today, just moments ago, Gov. Scott Walker "suspended" his 2016 Presidential run! Now, as if that is not news enough, it is how he "suspended" his run that merited me awakening from my much needed rest. Rather than paraphrase  or beat around the bush, why don't I just published what he said? .
“Sadly, the debate taking place in the Republican party today is not focused on that optimistic view of America. Instead, it has drifted into personal attacks,” Walker said. “In the end, I believe that voters want to be for something and not against someone. Instead of talking about how bad things are, we want to hear about how we can make them better for everyone.” .
"Personal attacks" Well, you don't have to spell it out for me, or you, My Dear Shoevians, right? That was a left jab at Donald J. Trump and his brand of sophomoric personal insults and extremely negative campaigning style. Hence, my statement that Gov. Scott Walker took a jab at Trump on his way out of the campaign. Now, My Dear Shoevians, I couldn't agree with Gov. Walker more, and that fact surprises me even more that what he said about Trump. It is about time that someone put the spotlight on Trump's sophomoric and negative 'style' (and I use that word loosely) of campaigning. . To be honest, I never liked Gov. Walker... as a governor or as a Republican Presidential candidate, but today I gained a limited respect for the man. I do hope that other Republicans take his advice and drop out so that someone can give a more "positive"  campaign. The Republican Party deserves that, as does the American people!
 .
Adieu!
 .
Thank you!
 .
Danny Hanning Writer, Editor, Research Staff and Publisher at The Other Shoe
Danny Hanning Writer, Editor, Research Staff and Publisher at The Other Shoe
.
© 2010 – 2015 Hanning Web Wurx and The Other Shoe

No comments:

Post a Comment