Friday, December 19, 2014

Netflix - 'Battlestar Galactica' = 'Bad Thing'!

[caption id="attachment_3813" align="aligncenter" width="630"]Battlestar-Galactica Cast Battlestar-Galactica Cast[/caption]

.

.

Welcome back My Dear Shoevians to The Other Shoe. Yes! If you haven’t tried to que up ‘Battlestar Galactica’ in the past two months [Like ME… about three days ago]. As well, if you haven’t read many tec-magazine/web site headlines… around the end of September through the first of October? Well you missed out [As did I] on the (October 1st, 2014) removal of ‘Battlestar Galactica’ from Netflix[1].

.

Now many may well say “no big deal… I’ve already seen it…”

.

  1. You, are not a ‘Galactican’!

  2. You just lost more than 3,000 minutes of a hallmark television show. [Yes, today that might seem oxymoronic… not then]

  3. It is a ‘Big Deal’ if you enjoy ‘Battlestar Galactica’ and/or you just enjoy science fiction…


.

Therefore, ‘Netflix – ‘Battlestar Galactica’ = ‘Bad Thing’ as Martha Stewart would say. For those inquiring minds, out there, yes I have already watched the show… including the ‘Extended Version’ of ‘Razor’ and ‘Blood and Chrome’. However, stuck at home and trying to ignore the side-effects I really wanted something to preoccupy my mind. Good science fiction usually can keep my mind engaged, and ‘Battlestar Galactica’ could do the trick.

.

This is when I became aware of the loss of ‘Battlestar Galactica’ from Netflix. I bemoaned this loss… my loss… and then just two days ago I made a discovery! While wandering around the VuDu app on my Xbox-360, I made my discovery! My Dear Shoevians… are you ready? [Now, here is where things will get a might bit excited… that is if you are a Galactica fan… as well as a Shoevian].

.

‘Battlestar Galactica’ is one sale at VuDu for… … … (drum roll please)… $9.99 a SEASON![2] That = for $40.00 you get all FOUR seasons… if you shell out $4.95 you get the three hour pilot… For $55.00 you get EVERYTHING! All 3,565 minutes = 59.4 HOURS of Galactica. ‘Battlestar Galactica’ On Sale @ VuDu

.

There it is My Dear Shoevians, the balm for one’s science fiction addiction. The cure for your Battlestar needs and for a fraction of what they would cost if you picked them up in Blu-Ray. Oh, did I forget to mention? It is the HDX (1080p) version that you get for the $9.99 price. Yes, it is a steal!

.

[caption id="attachment_3814" align="aligncenter" width="630"]Battlestar Galactica Sci FI Battlestar Galactica Sci FI[/caption]

.

Just thought that I might pass that information along for your holiday shopping needs. Today is Friday and I am going to take the rest of the day off to recuperate. There just might be an all new edition of ‘Lost in Space’ coming… before the end of the weekend. Perhaps even the very first ‘A Week in Review’ and a ‘Sunday Funnies’.

.

‘Sunday Funnies’ brings me to Alexander R. Hanning. Who, as of a week ago, is fully recovered from his self-inflicted surgery to remove a fibrous tumor from under his skin. Yes, it all happened the day before Thanksgiving and the day after my second chemotherapy treatment. He removed a quarter sized ‘growth’ from under his skin, a scab-like piece of flesh… that looked to be the ringworm infection site. The tumor went all the way down to muscle tissue.

.

I was scared shitless that Alexander had done himself grave injury. However, for the next five days I sat with him, cleaned his wound twice daily, applied triple antibiotic cream three times a day, and (at the very beginning) use a ‘Plastic-Bandage’ to close the large tooth-made incision. Talk about jagged edges. Anyway, Alexander R Hanning gave me a terrible scare! He is all very well now. The wound is.. well once the hair grows back.. there is hardly a scar! I wish I healed up as nicely. He is eating solid food, playing and hoping and barking. He is even putting on some weight!

.

Well, My Dearest Shoevians, that brings us to the end of this ‘Battlestar Galactica’ update. It really is a great sale on this four season sci-fi classic. I will do what I can to publish again, soon. Until then, keep the ‘Holiday Spirit’, My Dear Shoevians!

.

Adieu!

.

Thank you!

.

© 2010 – 2014 Hanning Web Wurx and The Other Shoe


.




[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="234"]The Other Shoe eBay Store Do you HOLIDAY SHOPPING at The Other Shoe eBay Store[/caption]

 

[1] http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/26/6850381/battlestar-galactica-get-ready-to-binge-watch

[2] http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content/269502/Battlestar-Galactica-TV-Series

No comments:

Post a Comment