Tuesday, April 16, 2013

News From Daniel

Hello, My Dear Readers. It has been several months since I posted with any regularity, here @ The Other Shoe. First, let me tell you this is NOT because I have nothing to say or because there are no issues of governance that need my attention. Quite the opposite is true. However, circumstances beyond my control have plagued me.


.


I am not going to go into detail and explain all the 'scans' and 'examinations' I have endured these past three months. The 'Readers Digest' condensed version is; I am having real problems eating (one of the few things I have STILL been able to 'do' since 2003 when this adventure in pain and humiliation started) and I often choke on food... pudding even. Hence, my last exam (in THIS series) is an EGD. Yes, they are going to shove a camera down my throat to see just how badly my esophagus is being compressed. I have already been 'warned' that (most likely) there will be nothing that they can 'Do', to help.


.


However, they do need to track the progression of my disease and maybe there are things they can do to help me be able to eat. I truly hope so, I have few joys left in life and eating IS one my favorite right now.


.


"How 'bad' was it, Danny?" You may ask. Well prior to this problem starting (holidays last year) I weighed 182 lbs. right now today, I weigh 164. Yes, a twenty-five pound loss in just three months. If you choke eating, well you eat less and are less interested in eating. So, things are not all 'Doom & Gloom' here on the Left Coast, there is good news for Danny.


.


Other 'Good News' is that I have moved (with help from my caregiver) my laptop into a position that I can use it while I am sitting in bed. I have dug up an old wireless keyboard and mouse so that i can write. I still have substantial problems typing and it takes me hours to write an article of this size. I am still trying to save to purchase the 'Voice to Text' software (Dragon Speech Recognition Software) so that I can write easily and without pain.


.


However, I have been able to complete a good deal of work on the novel(s) I am planning. I have character sheets, scene listings, character profiles, and chapter outlines completed. Once I obtain the software I should be able to move quickly writing 'Princess Nadia and the Healing Light'. This is going to be a novel for 10-14 year olds that takes them on the adventures of 'Princess Nadia' (yes, named after my most loved little girl). From all the work I have completed, this promises to be my best work. I am hoping to have some excerpts from the novel posted here @ The Other Shoe by this summer. It is a very touching tale (rat... tale) and one that I have projected over three potential novels. As well, I am looking at this novel from a commercial point of view from the very beginning.


.


I thank you, my Dear Readers, for taking a moment with me. I appreciate all my readers and all my friends and family that read my work. I hope that (and with a good deal of work and sweat) I will get published and then all of you, My Dear Readers, will be able to say, "I was reading Daniel's works before his novels!"


Thank you for reading.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment