Thursday, April 25, 2013

First Dictated Posting

This is my very first article written with Dragon speech software. It has taken me the better part of three hours to get this program set up, updated, registered, and trained. This has left me and a great deal of pain. However, I wanted to post this simple article to explain how things are going with me and my new program.

My Dear Readers, I want you all to know how much I truly value you as my dear readers. You might not know this, but when I was running my campaign for my power chair, and communicating with all of you on a daily basis I was my most happy. I love to write. Almost as much as I love hearing what you have to say about what I write. The exchange we had, My Dear Readers, during that campaign brought vitality back to my life. Not since the beginning of my medical problems have I felt more alive, more productive, or more loved.

This October it will been 10 years that I have suffered with the worst of my disease. The highlight of those 10 years? Give three months we talked, and shared. I do not know if you can understand the isolation I feel, people with my condition feel, but at times it is terrifying. Not just the isolation from friends and family. But isolation from day-to-day contact with people.

I am hoping that this new tool, Dragon at NaturallySpeaking, will help me to feel less isolated again. I miss you all.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment