Monday, March 14, 2016

Return to Publishing - Redux

.
 Welcome back, My Dear Shoevians, to The Other ShoeFirst, I would like to say “Thank you!” to all you Shoevians that keep coming back… and viewing… and reading… and sharing. You ARE the BEST! Second, I would like to express my heartfelt apology for not “returning to publishing” as I stated in my last article back on February 13th, 2016. Finally… an explanation.
.
When I wrote my last published article, it was my real and genuine intent to work towards returning to my regular writing and publishing schedule. However, as most of us know, between desire and reality lives a gulf of possibilities… and a world of tears and broken promises. The fact of the matter is; on the morning of February 14th (Valentine’s Day) I started up my computer (with the intent of writing several articles, to be published over the next week), as I have thousands of times before, launched Google Chrome and brought up the admin pages of my four blog locations.
.
I had just logged on to all four admin pages… and… BAM! BSOD!!! (Blue Screen of Death). The computer rebooted, after saving the dump file, and…  it… was… dead! The video adapter was not working. The computer ran incredibly slow, and I was unable to connect to the internet… regardless of what I did. Over the next two weeks, whenever I was out of pain enough, I worked on the computer. I did everything I had ever learned about video cards, and Windows errors… to no avail. My Dear Shoevians, within hours of publishing that promise… I was unable to honor my commitment.
.
The following Monday, not the 15th but Monday the 22nd, I took my computer back to the people that had fixed it the last time. They kept the computer for TEN DAYS! Only to return it to me… unrepaired, explaining that “the motherboard needs to be replaced… it is on backorder.”I am to bring my computer back (again) Thursday and they are going to have the motherboard effect the replacement. At least… that is what I am being told.
.
My Dear Shoevians, over the past year I have invested; MORE THAN $400 in repair costs, weeks of time waiting, and a tremendous amount of anxiety and frustration. I have been completely unable to write and publish! I have been lost! All the while more and more newsworthy incidents have occurred… and I have been voiceless the entire time!!! deeply long to write and publish articles about; the debacle that is the Trump campaign, the deep division growing in the Republican Party and the violence! I am just dying to write about the; bigotry, racism, intolerance, xenophobia, hatred, and sexism that has been the hallmark of Trump’s campaign. This is very difficult for me, very frustrating and extremely upsetting.
.
If they can/do replace my motherboard, and my computer works, will work to write and publish as often as possible. I genuinely long to write about; this election, the Trump candidacy, the tenure of narrative coming from the Republican candidates and contrast that with Democrat nomination process. I can remember sitting, with my father, and watching the ‘Kennedy/Nixon’ Presidential debate. (The very first one with the sweaty Nixon) As well, I remember a great deal about all the Presidential elections since. My Dear Shoevians, I have never EVER witnessed a more; divisive, hurtful, negative and superficial nomination process (by either party) in my entire life. And, I am missing out on writing about this historic election… because after spending $400 on repairs… my computer still does not work.
.
There you have it, My Dear Shoevians. The why I was unable to keep my previous promise to you. The how I hope to, now, meet that challenge. And the when it might happen. Oh, how I wish I was of the means to just forget the notebook computer I have used for writing and publishing these past five years. How I wish that I had the means to just buy a new computer and all the software that I need/use very single time I write and publish. I could never put into words… the feeling I get when I hit the ‘Publish’ button, and then go and view the article I have written and published at the four blog locations.
.
The pride and joy I feel as I promote the articles I have written and published on; FacebookTwitterTumblr and PintrestFor you see, My Dear Shoevians, that right now in my life there are not a lot of times that I do feel pride and joy. That I can have these feelings and bring entertainment and information to all of you, My Dear Shoevians? Well, that is what has given me the desire to live that has empowered me through my diseases and maladies.
.
Finally, I would like to take a moment to say “Thank you!” again to all of you from dropping by… and for many of you… for keeping coming by and visiting throughout the many months I have been absent. I promise you, I genuinely want to return. I sincerely have a ton of ideas and thoughts, insights and opinions, entertainment and information to share with all of you, My Dear Shoevians. I will keep you informed, to the best of my ability. Hopefully, soon, I will be writing you to tell you my computer is either fixed or replaced and that I will be working to achieve my previous publishing schedule. Until then, you can find me on Facebook… look me up and send me a friend request.
.
Adieu!
.
Thank you!
.

Danny Hanning Writer, Editor, Research Staff and Publisher of The Other Shoe(s)
.
© 2010 – 2016 Hanning Web Wurx and The Other Shoe


No comments:

Post a Comment