Sunday, July 19, 2015

Trump offers no apologizes for McCain war record attack | MSNBC

.
[caption id="attachment_4186" align="aligncenter" width="512"]Republican Presidential Candidates Address 2015 Family Leadership Summit 
Republican Presidential Candidates Address 2015 Family Leadership Summit
"In a Sunday televised phone interview on ABC’s “This Week,” Trump was defiant about his comments the previous day. “I’m very disappointed in John McCain because the vets are horribly treated in this country. I’m fighting for the vets, I’ve done a lot for the vets,” Trump told host Martha Raddatz. “They’re treated like third class citizens. He’s done nothing to help the vets. And I will tell you they are living in hell.”

Trump claimed that “nobody was insulted” at the Family Leader Summit by his comments and that subsequent uproar was being generated by his 2016 GOP rivals “some of whom are registering 1% and 0” in the polls. He went on to blame McCain for instigating their public squabble because the Arizona senator had described some of his supporters as “crazies.” “And frankly, I think he owes them an apology,” Trump said.Trump’s attacks on McCain have resurrected criticism of his own history of military service, or lack thereof. When asked about a series of deferments he received during the Vietnam War, Trump said, “I had student deferments, like many other people had, during the war or around the time of the war. I had a minor medical deferment for feet, for a bone spur of the foot, which was minor. I was then entered into the draft because if I would have gotten a different number, I could have been drafted.”“I was fortunate, in a sense, because I was not a believer in the Vietnam War. That was another war that was a disaster for this country. Lives and money and it’s disgraceful what happened with the Vietnam War. I was not a fan of the Vietnam War,” he continued.
Source: Trump offers no apologizes for McCain war record attack | MSNBC  
.
              Welcome back My Dear Shoevians to The Other Shoe. Well, it is now Sunday, and for those of us that are of a political persuasion, it is time for the Sunday morning Political Talk Shows. On today's edition of 'This Week' Donald Trump doubled down of his comments from Saturday at the 'Family Leadership Summit'. Pushing Senator McCain even further claiming that the Senator "owes them an apology" for referring to some of McCain's voters as "crazies".As I have stated, time and time again, this kind of hyperbolic and hyper partisan rhetoric is not what the majority of Americans want to hear, want to witness, and will not vote for. I have no idea why Donald Trump keeps attacking the senior Senator from Arizona, but my guess is that he believes it will bolster his polling numbers and put distance from him and Jeb Bush. My two cents? I have a feeling that this just might backfire on Trump and force a further divide within the Republican party. With Republicans already fractured, this is not what the RNC or Republican mainstream candidates want. . As always, My Dear Shoevians, I will keep tabs on this situation and keep you all informed. Have a great Sunday, and a wonderful end to this beautiful weekend!
 .
  Adieu!
 .
  Thank You!
Danny Hanning Writer, Editor, Research Staff and Publisher at The Other Shoe
.
Danny Hanning Writer, Editor, Research Staff and Publisher at The Other Shoe
.
© 2010 – 2015 Hanning Web Wurx and The Other Shoe

No comments:

Post a Comment