Saturday, August 8, 2015

World of Warcraft - Expansion - Legion

.
                Welcome back My Dear Shoevians to The Other ShoeToday I continue my work that I started, many years ago, with MMORPGs and YOU!’. On a side-note that article series was Shared and Liked more than any other and reached more readers than any other. I revisit the World of Warcraft because, just this week, Blizzard announced the newest upcoming EXPANSION!
.
Yes, yes, I to remember that (at the release of ‘Warlords of Draenor’) Blizzard announced “this is our last expansion for this IP… we have done all we can… we will continue to update this IP, but it is time to move on to other projects.” So much for that! Most of us ‘Since Vanilla’ players had a gut feeling that Blizzard was not going to just walk away from all the $$$ left of the table, and we were correct. Enough of recriminations, let’s proceed to the great images and some of the inside scoop!
.

(Legion Broken Isles Map)
.
As usual, Blizzard is letting out information in dribs and drabs. We know that the expansion will take place on a new Continent called ‘Broken Isles’! The map, above, gives you an idea of just how expansive this expansion is! There are six regions, within the ‘Broken Isles’. They are; Stromheim, HighMountain, Val’Sharah, Suramar, Azsuna, Broken Shores, Thanl’Dranath, and (another) Dalaran. Well, if nothing else, Blizzard has learned that if you are going to charge us for yet another expansion? That it best come with another continent!
.

 (Become a Demon Hunter!)
.
Yes, we all (I am guessing) are going to “Become Demon Hunters’. Even though that does, kind of, create a moral quandary for all the Warlocks in the game. Regardless, we are all going to be transported to this all-new region, the Broken Isles, to hunt demons with great abandon. I do, rather, like the looks! Everything has a Darnassus feel to it. Since I never started a toon, in Darnassus, this should be a nice departure for all my toons. Let’s take a closer look at all the options, below.
.

 (Demon Hunter Choices)
.
Well, when you start a new toon in this area… you get horns! I think I like that idea. I am going to have to clean out a slot, as I am maxed out on toons, but that is not really a problem. Two of my toons are merely banks and I can combine their loot and herbs and stuff into the Guild Bank and create a brand new toon for ‘Legion’! I have signed up for beta, and since I have been playing since January 2004 I think that I might have a good chance at getting one of the beta slots.
.

 (Regional Map of Broken Isles)
.
In order to increase interest in PvP, Blizzard has created (yet, again) another all-new ‘Honor System’. Blizzard has names this all new system; Prestige!
.

(New Honor System – ‘Prestige’)
.
This looks like it might take us back to the Vanilla honor system. I still have a rank of ‘Lieutenant Commander’ for my main too (EnzoMatrix). Each and every week ranks were handed out according to participation and kills. For a Mage to reach ‘Lieutenant Commander’ was quite an accomplishment. Mages are, as we all know, Glass Canons. Meaning, we can pack a lot of punch, but cannot take hits well at all. So be it, I stay in the back and keep my agro down, and I rarely die (anymore). A good agro meter is a Must Have for all Mages. Now, either in conjunction with or as a separate achievement there is another way to distinguish yourself in ‘Legion’.
.

(Portrait Badges)
.
Yes, that is correct ‘Portrait Badges’! This looks to be similar to our already acknowledged Title system, as I mentioned above. So, now you can be a ‘Lieutenant Commander’, and Champion for your Guild and earn a neat ‘Portrait Badge’, too! I am always glad when Blizzard adds new ways for gamers to distinguish themselves. However, I do hope that these badges are something that a player can earn outside of PvP. really had my fill of PvP in Vanilla and B.C. I just do not know how well I can compete, against other players, with my hands… the way they are.
.

 (Legion Homes – Broken Isles)
.
Yes, it is Darnassus all over the place. Well, more like Darnassus with a little Hobbit thrown in for good measure and a little cross IP appeal. I think I am going to like this expansion. From everything I have seen, so far, Blizzard has taken their TIME on this expansion. I mean, in all honesty, only time will tell. I know that a great many of the senior staff and execs have learned from previous lukewarm receptions to other expansions. For myself? I am going to try hard for beta, and save money every way I can so that when it is released? I can have it and play it Opening Weekend!.
.

(Doomhammers)
.
new weapon for a new region. Doomhammers look to be the green-flamed envy of this expansion. While I have looked around, I have yet to find any information on staves and other ‘Doom-Like’weapons. I sure would like a ‘DoomStaff’! Something with green flames would be very nice!
.
Last, and (as always) is the BEST! You, My Dear Shoevians, know that I save the best for last!Today, that is the RELEASE VIDEO!! Direct from Blizzard and right to YOU!.


.

.
Well, My Dear Shoevians, that brings us to the end of this first review of the upcoming World of Warcraft - Legion preview. I hope that I have peaked everyone’s interest in this newest upcoming Expansion! That is what I came here to do, today. Peak some interest! I know that I am going to be following all the latest, and will (when I can) be bringing all the latest right here for you, My Dear Shoevians.
.
Have a great weekend and, as always, if you have enjoyed your visit? Be sure to ‘Like’ and ‘Share’so that all your; family, friends, co-workers and acquaintances can know just where to come for all their ‘Legion’ news!
.
Adieu!
.
Thank you!
.

© 2010 – 2015 Hanning Web Wurx and The Other Shoe

No comments:

Post a Comment